F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
Spike
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Central, Florida
American pride
      #14323 - Mon May 17 2004 04:57 PM

Latly, I have been quite annoyed about how people are acting about our great country America. The other day I was riding my bike down to my friends house, and these jackasses were making signs on their yard saying some very bad things about their own country! And with some of these bands now a days like anti-flag or system of a down its all anti American crap and im sick and tired of it! I love america and I know alot of other people do too. I think if people dont like it here then get out! I just think we should have more pride in our country!

--------------------
Patrick
God Bless America
Be proud of your Country!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: American pride
      #14327 - Mon May 17 2004 05:19 PM

Couldn't have said it any better myself, Spike. My village lost 25 residents in the 9-11 attacks (I knew 3 of them personally), and my cousin's husband was also a victim. It's hard going to funerals when there's no body...another lady with whom I work lost her best friend's husband.

These people, along with the New York Police, Fire, EMS and the brave men and women in service gave of their lives so that we can live in a free society...a right that unfortunately tolerates and in some cases condones the actions of those people you described above.

Our real heroes aren't the Barry Bonds' and Metallica's...they're the people like Pat Tillman, who quit pro football to fight for this great nation...and for the right for those "jackasses" to voice their opinions and spew anti-American rhetoric. That's what makes America better than the rest of the world. It's a damn shame we have some ungrateful SOB's living amongst us.

Sorry for the rant. You just kind of touched a nerve. When you get a little older, Spike, and earn the right to drive and to vote, you'll appreciate our freedoms even more.

Peace,

LI Phil

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Spike
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Central, Florida
Re: American pride
      #14330 - Mon May 17 2004 06:37 PM

The 9/11 attacks were terrible. The men who did that were evil. I just dont know how someone could commit an act like that killing thousands of innocent people. And I don't know how people can do that to other people and be happy about it. And I'm sorry for your friends and neighbors that lost their lives.
And those firefighters and policeman like you were saying really are the real heros. They are the ones who risked their lives to save others.

--------------------
Patrick
God Bless America
Be proud of your Country!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2061

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center