F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
berserkr
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: SC
Special NHC Statement
      #39762 - Fri Jul 08 2005 01:46 PM

Our focus is on Hurricane Dennis, not ftlaudbob.

This is not the place for personal attacks. Feel free to offer opposing viewpoints.

Edited by SkeetoBite (Fri Jul 08 2005 02:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tpratch

Reged:
Loc: Maryland
*sigh* [Re: berserkr]
      #39766 - Fri Jul 08 2005 01:53 PM

Nah, you'll get modded because while you are merely condensing some of his posts to one, easy-to-read digest, you're also taking potshots.

I imagine without the disparaging words, you might have been able to sum his up without fearing moderation.,

I too disagree with a South FL hit - it's going to pound the keys as it passes. The FL panhandle and areas west need to get ready. Sure, the storm could find a way to go east sooner, but the models don't see it happening.

If you are in South Florida, and your local authorities express concern or give orders, you would still be wise to listen. I'd rather see everyone in the entire state of Florida board up than see more distruction that could have been avoided.

And for goodness sake, people - store your plywood once you've boarded up. I know that there are a lot of people who throw their boards away after every season - that's just wasteful.

gavsie
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Seminole Fl
Re: Special NHC Statement [Re: berserkr]
      #39776 - Fri Jul 08 2005 02:05 PM

Does it really matter? We are all here trying to grasp what might be going on with that beast. Dennis has not done what anyone has thought so far. Untill 11 tonignt I will not feel that I am safe from this one. I am still trying to figure out whether or not I should go to work tomorrow or not.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3531

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center