F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
berserkr
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: SC
Indecisive Dennis
      #40550 - Sat Jul 09 2005 09:51 AM

been posting here a lot over the past 2 years or so... since Isabel. just now required registration for posting since all the quack jobs posting everytime Dennis wobbles, so I just registered. seems they used to limit the discussion to those with something important to say and those who knew what they were talking about, but now when the wind blows or there is a thunderclap, you get 10 posts about how frightened people are.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AmateurJohn
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Highlands County, FL
Re: Indecisive Dennis [Re: berserkr]
      #40573 - Sat Jul 09 2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

been posting here a lot over the past 2 years or so... since Isabel. just now required registration for posting since all the quack jobs posting everytime Dennis wobbles, so I just registered. seems they used to limit the discussion to those with something important to say and those who knew what they were talking about, but now when the wind blows or there is a thunderclap, you get 10 posts about how frightened people are.

Irony is a beautiful thing.

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Indecisive Dennis [Re: AmateurJohn]
      #40580 - Sat Jul 09 2005 11:28 AM

Good morning all, I see Cuba did take its toll on Dennis but he appears to be still nicely formed and will gain some strenght before making U.S. Landfall.

Please anyone in the Western Panhandle of Florida and the Miss,Ala border please make your final preperations today for this storm. It is always an inconvenience and very frustrating to have to prepare and or evacuate for a hurricane. However, things can be replaced, human life can't.
Stay safe and well.

Ref the comments about posting about feeder bands and the like. With all due respect, that is what this forum is all about. It's not only the center core of the storm that can cause problems. I also think that there is a a sense of community on this forum that the MODs realize and accept that at times, just like in a real life family, we all need to just vent or be reassured etc.

I'm very glad this forum exists and want to send out huge thank you. A lot of work has gone into the product you see here today.

adogg76
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: Indecisive Dennis [Re: berserkr]
      #40588 - Sat Jul 09 2005 11:46 AM

Live thru what we ALL survived last year and you will see.........

Respect!!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3844

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center