F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Fletch
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Re: superstition [Re: Wanna-Be-Storm-Chaser]
      #49027 - Wed Aug 24 2005 02:39 PM

11 Am is out

at 11 am EDT...1500z...a Tropical Storm Warning and a Hurricane Watch have been issued for the Southeast Florida coast from Vero Beach southward to Florida City. This replaces the tropical storm watch. A Hurricane Watch means that hurricane conditions are possible within the watch area...generally within 36 hours.

--------------------
Irwin M. Fletcher

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
susieq
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Panhandle
update [Re: Wanna-Be-Storm-Chaser]
      #49029 - Wed Aug 24 2005 02:42 PM

Underground has their 11:00 - http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200512_5day.html

--------------------
Gulf Breeze girl still not over Ivan

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: update [Re: susieq]
      #49036 - Wed Aug 24 2005 03:14 PM

got to love these posts that come and wack they gone anyway it will be IMO when this turns west that we will know where it is going to go.I dont think they are going to get it right on the button as most storms like to be different.

Anyway i dont like those model runs from GFS and BAM would not be good to cross the state and go right up the coast anyway its going to be till the turn IMO when we will have a ideas where its going.

And like the NHC i don't see this getting more then a low cat 1 before it hits.

native
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: SE Florida
Re: update [Re: susieq]
      #49049 - Wed Aug 24 2005 03:32 PM

Hey all...

My house is totally under the gun! I live in Deerfield Beach...northern most city in Broward Co. less than 2mi from the beach...and I 'm stuck at a damn convention in Orlando. Told my partner I'm leaving Thurs.afternoon (6-7pm) after the show to go batten down the hatches (again).

It'll be real interesting to see the 5pm report as far as the intensity goes. Lotta "high octane" fuel out there....thank goodness she's a slow mover & waters are shallow...should help to keep her in check.

Riddle me this mets/mods: what's your take on this
www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/wcaribvis.html

Looks like dry air to the north being drawn in...could this stimulate an eye wall replacement down the road? If so, would this also help to keep her check?

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
New Thread [Re: ralphfl]
      #49056 - Wed Aug 24 2005 03:50 PM

There's a new thread on the main board, everyone. Please post any future comments or unanswered questions there -- thanks!
-Clark

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 32930

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center