F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

General Discussion >> Other Weather Events

Pages: 1
Storm Hunter
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl.
Stormhunter7 intercepts Tornado....oct.27th, 2006
      #74083 - Sat Oct 28 2006 03:07 PM

hey guys.... i actually.. was hit by a tornado.. on friday, the 27th... i was chasing, along with Met. Elizabeth Holmes... WE HAVE VIDEO.....Go to Stormhunter7 web site WE DO NOT ENCOURAGE THIS KIND OF CHASING! We were trying to catch lanfall of the cell.... were not expecting this cell to contain a tornado.... it did... warning from TAE came out 6mins after it passed us, moving inland.. Tornado just struck the back of the vehicle...as i was evading a direct hit... MORE TO COME...

--------------------
www.Stormhunter7.com ***see my flight into Hurricane Ike ***
Wx Data: KFLPANAM23 / CW8771
2012== 23/10/9/5 sys/strms/hurr/majh

Edited by Storm Hunter (Sat Oct 28 2006 08:19 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Storm Cooper
User

Reged:
Loc: Panama City , FL
Re: Central Florida Tornadoes [Re: Storm Hunter]
      #74283 - Sat Feb 03 2007 02:04 AM

I have followed this event and even contacted Ed to check on him. He and his are fine and the bulk of the severe Wx was to his south at that time. I expect a bust on the proper forum from him at any time and really welcome it! My hopes and prayers go out to the ones touched as well.

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

Storm Cooper
User

Reged:
Loc: Panama City , FL
Re: Central Florida Tornadoes [Re: Storm Cooper]
      #74293 - Sun Feb 04 2007 01:26 AM

It was scary, really scary.........my god.......see more details in my link web page: http://floridatornadoes.blogspot.com/

Repost from seomurad. Lost due to attempt to move to proper forum

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

Edited by Storm Cooper (Sun Feb 04 2007 01:29 AM)

Hurricane29
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Miami Florida
Re: 2006/2007 [Re: Storm Hunter]
      #74334 - Wed Feb 28 2007 01:04 AM

Indeed...

LA NIÑA MAY SOON ARRIVE!

Feb. 28, 2007 — On the heels of El Niño, its opposite, La Niña may soon arrive. (Click NOAA satellite image for larger view of sea surface temperature anomalies in the Eastern Pacific Ocean taken Feb. 27, 2007, showing the development of La Niña conditions. Click here for high resolution version. Please credit “NOAA.”)

MORE HERE

HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
enterprise [Re: Storm Hunter]
      #74336 - Fri Mar 02 2007 02:20 AM

it's an obvious offtopic, but it being quiet, early spring i don't mind posting this here.
i lived in enterprise from 1994 to 1997, and attended the high school for one year. kinda blows your mind to see it as the number one news story, turned inside out. the familiar gym, the familiar parking lot, the familiar stadium... all blown to hell. can see down the street behind the stadium, a friend lived down there, just a few houses. the first two are visibly demolished. i can remember funny conversations with friends walking past that ramp and railing you see in the hallway in some of the coverage, in a stew of rubble. that was a godawful big tornado. it's a tough little town, though... reckon folks'll pick up the pieces and plow ahead.
HF 0219z02march

Hurricane29
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Miami Florida
Re: enterprise [Re: Storm Hunter]
      #74337 - Fri Mar 02 2007 04:20 AM

(Enterprise Severe Weather Damage)

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
Re: enterprise [Re: HanKFranK]
      #74342 - Sun Mar 04 2007 06:02 AM

We almost ended up in Enterprise for that tornado. If our target for the day had not been the Montgomery area, we probably would've gone from Ozark about noon CT south and then west to the Enterprise area as there were two cells on their way that looked interesting. We stalled around and decided to head north, and the rest is history.

We did intercept the Lowndes/Montgomery Co. tornado at the intersection of US 231/US 82 in SE Montgomery Co., however. Crazy day out there.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6403

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center