F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

General Discussion >> Other Weather Events

Pages: 1
ChessieStorm
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Spring Hill, Fla. (Hernando C...
Memorial Day Weekend Area to Watch
      #75032 - Tue May 29 2007 03:24 AM

Just watched Denis Philips weather cast and he was talking about models hinting a surface low developing in the Caribbean by Friday time frame. He doesn't expect anything to develop majorly. Gulf waters are in the upper 70's and the waters around here have cooled since mid May due to the persistent easterly wind blowing through for the last 8-9 days have caused upwelling in the Gulf.

But rain is what we need and we need it badly. So hopefully, if anything, we get some moisture to create the sea breeze showers and storms.

(Moved from the Main Page to an existing thread.)

Edited by Ed Dunham (Tue May 29 2007 01:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
saluki
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Re: Memorial Day Weekend Area to Watch [Re: ChessieStorm]
      #75033 - Tue May 29 2007 04:22 AM

Quote:

But rain is what we need and we need it badly. So hopefully, if anything, we get some moisture to create the sea breeze showers and storms.

The forecaster on Channel 6 in Miami-Fort Lauderdale was saying tonight that Lake Okeechobee is within an inch of its all-time low and probably will get there in the next day or two unless there's some unexpected rainfall. The most stringent water restrictions I can remember in 20 years of living here have been imposed, and the landscape is starting to look like my parents' yard in Arizona. A rainmaker (so long as it's accompanied by minimal severe weather) would be most welcome here -- even if it means a soggy, gloomy weekend.

josh

Reged:
Re: Western Caribbean on the Day Before Hurricane Season [Re: ChessieStorm]
      #75168 - Thu May 31 2007 11:20 PM

Can't wait for the rain, my lawn and the school behind me sure need it. Only thing I am concerned about is even if it rains for a few days, we're still going to be so far behind in rainfall amounts and brutal sun will just dry it up in no time. We need this thing to sit right on top of Florida for more than a few days.

-Josh

Ron Basso
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: hernando beach, FL
Re: 2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins Today [Re: ChessieStorm]
      #75189 - Fri Jun 01 2007 12:24 PM

Boy, this would be great for the state if these prec totals are realized.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i00.gif

--------------------
RJB

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4694

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center