F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
jbmusic
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Bradenton, Fl
Waiting on Guppies Critter Report
      #78585 - Wed Sep 19 2007 04:02 AM

My critters have been acting very unusal tonight. Both of my dogs have been glued to me. Usually they are very independent, but tonight I have tripped over them at least 100 times. My one dog who is all of 15 pounds and afraid of nothing has been sitting under the desk and will sit outside the door and whine if I go into a room he can't go into.

While we were walking tonight we did not see any bunnies. During our eveing walks there are bunnies all over the neighoborhood. It is not unusual to see about 20 on our walk. Tonight we did not see one bunny

On Sunday we went out on our boat and there is an island we like to stop at and have lunch. We were'nt able to stay there this time because the mosiqutos where so bad. There were 100's and they attacked us as we got in the boat they swarmed all around the boat. Then this evening in the backyard I ran into the same thing the mosquitos were so bad they were literally attacking me.

Somthing in the atomshere has the critters disturbed. I'm sure it has something to do with the system sitting off our east coast, I just hope they aren't sensing something big since right now it looks like all this system should bring us is rain, but I'm not seeing critter activity to warrent a rain event

--------------------
Jenny Bradenton, Florida
www.bbdigitalphoto.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ltpat228
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Port Saint Lucie FL
Re: Waiting on Guppies Critter Report [Re: jbmusic]
      #78998 - Wed Sep 26 2007 04:29 PM

When you see cows laying down during the day, it means it's going to rain.

native
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: SE Florida
Re: Waiting on Guppies Critter Report [Re: ltpat228]
      #78999 - Wed Sep 26 2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

When you see cows laying down during the day, it means it's going to rain.

Or...their legs are tired from all that standing!

My blue tick beagle (Daisy) who is usually sleeps 95% of the day away and might be the laziest dog on earth has been pacing the house for two days straight. She's going to wear a trench in the floor if she keeps it up much longer.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4123

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center