Psyber
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 14 2020 07:56 PM
Re: Sally Lounge

New Orleans doppler has Sally going basically West with maybe a small tinge of North.

Not. Good because if it doesn't jog it is going to hit New Orleans/outlying low lands around New Orleans right at the worst part of the storm and it's going to keep going over those areas at a VERY reduced amount of speed which means a bunch of rain.

It's still strengthening on the shallow/hot waters in that part of the GOM so it could go to a H2 or some products have it going even up to an H3 very quickly although it would only be hitting with H2 storm surge which believe it or not is a blessing. That's the point where it's projected to hit land and slooowwwly curve N and then NW.

It goes without saying that if you're not within the N/O Enhanced Flood Protection System and living in outlying low lands, you need to get in your car and LEAVE.

It's at this point where I say the same thing I said for Katrina. There is nothing to be gained by staying in front of a strong hurricane other than nightmares. I doubt the wind damage will be extreme but the water is going to be deadly with the fact that this is moving so slowly and the fact that it's going to take it's sweet time recurving over some of the most vulnerable coast lands in the world other than places that are physically lower than the level of the ocean like places in the New Orleans Flood Protection System and Holland...isn't good.

PLEASE, if you are in low lying areas around New Orleans, it's time to leave or at leave move into the part of New Orleans they say are protected from flooding now. (untested).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center