NervousDad
(Registered User)
Wed Sep 06 2017 11:22 AM
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area

I no longer have relatives in Florida. (They moved to Texas now). But I advised them to do what I do regarding water storage for emergencies. There are a lot of food products such a fruit juice, soda, Malt and other brewing supplies, etc that are transported as concentrates in large food grade containers that by law cannot be reused. If you look around you can find these available cheap or sometimes free in 5 gal or 10 gallon jugs, buckets with lids, and even 55 gallon drums. They can be sealed, so that they do not spill or get contaminated easy. I don't think they are recommended for long term water storage, but I know a lot of folks that use them. After a careful cleaning they seem more suitable than a garbage can at least for short term storage since they are made of food grade plastic. It is probably too late to think about this now, but I don't know why more people do not take advantage of them.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center