TheOtherRick
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 07 2017 09:30 PM
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area

Quote:

Cocoa Beach Publix was scheduled to close for a year or so on 9 Sep for remodeling ... but request from city manager to stay open an additional week to ease things after the storm was agreed to. So no matter what the sign says, CB Publix at Banana Square open another week.

i didn't know they were going to close the whole thing down that long, I thought they were going to work around the expansion. At any rate, I'm talking about closing for the hurricane tomorrow night.

Spooky how few people on the road already. And everyone driving 10mph faster, and acting rashly.

Weather Channel said it's backed up from the beginning of the Turnpike to Atlanta. If 5am says it's gonna hit the western part of the state,anywhere over the center line, I-95 will be a parking lot. Might be regardless.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center