LilE
(Registered User)
Fri Sep 08 2017 02:45 PM
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area

Up here there are NO hotel/motel rooms left. From here to Gulfport and from here to Tennessee. No Rooms. They are closing some things in PC Monday like banks. They are having trouble keeping water stocked and some low gas spots, We are shipping gas down south from here.

I keep checking local EOC and nothing, I check local news and not much. Then I listened to the weather radio and their saying TS conditions possible Monday, Hurricane conditions possible Monday night and TS conditions possible Tuesday am.

Then I looked at the weather channel app and the red cone had moved from the big bend to over Pensacola. But the one on TV was only over to Apalachicola. lol

It doesn't matter, but if anything unpredictable happens and it does come W there is now no way to get out of here. Between summer visitors and hurricane refugees we would be slammed. One problem I have is my 84 year old Mom, she is deathly afraid of Hurricanes (terrified). She has been through smaller ones when younger, then she decided it was best for her to leave, so she usually left and like I said she lost her house in Opal.

So, I guess I'm going to go get the courtyard taken care of and put the sandbags out.

Can any of you shed any light on the forecast track, because their showing on the NHC latest forecast track it is still going WNW but on the weather channel their showing it going W@14mph? Plus the cone difference?

Thank you, and I hope those of you in her path stay safe...
Laura

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center