thatmoody
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 03 2019 10:38 PM
Re: Dorian Conditions in Your Area

Quote:

Tonight is the night we've been waiting for since last week.

All in all, not too bad. But even a few hours without power is a nightmare in Florida this time of year.

Sleep with CPAPs? You'll sure miss that electricity at night. Battery operated fans will help keep you cool enough, maybe, but almost impossible to get real sleep without that pressurized air blowing into your face.

We appear to be free of any bands on the west coast tonight. Whew!

Strapping on the CPAP very soon and will check FLhurricane by 4:30 am when we get up...

I also sleep with a CPAP and I was worried that the power would go out in the middle of the night and I'd wake up suffocating (I wear a full-face mask). The wind was pretty good earlier but the new impact windows we got after the house was trashed in Irma are keeping the noise down so much I can't really tell.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center