Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Aug 21 2003 09:44 PM
Intensity.. ... hmmmm

that's a tough one Toni, at least for me right now... big factor is how much land interface via the islands the system in going to deal with.... if it slows down for any period over one on the major islands, that certainly could hinder development...

its got a real good steady forward motion which should aid its development... shear is not all that a big concern, at least right now.... if it dodges the mountainous parts of the islands, I see no reason why it couldn't get to perhaps Cat 1 status prior to Florida... now if its a Cat 1 going through the Fl straits moving on a track per the AVN then look out GOM... all bets are off and I see no reason why it couldn't get to a Cat 2 (Georges type) need to get the ULL out of there first, and it should be by the time this thing gets in the GOM, if it does.... still too early to tell but I wouldn't bet against it...

I just have the feeling that this one will have some surprises for us down the road...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center