Clark
(Meteorologist)
Sat Mar 04 2006 01:32 PM
Re: Sent to Graveyard

From what Pasch told me, I'm inclined to believe it's the feature we were tracking in the immediate wake of Epsilon. I do know that he said it was another of those types of storms around the same time as Delta and Epsilon and I feel that it is the best candidate. Talking around the 10th of December, give or take a few days, with only a marginal life cycle -- 12 hours or so.

There's more on this feature in the Epsilon thread at http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=64061&an=0&page=0#64061 -- look in the vicinity of post #100 & beyond in that thread. I remember noting that it made it about 85% of the way to classification with about a 12 hour span of doing something way back in early December, leading me to believe that this is the feature the guys at the NHC are talking about.

If Pasch hadn'tve said another tropical transition feature around the same time as Delta and Epsilon, I would've guessed the late June feature along the east coast from Cape Hatteras to DC. It may well have been a subtropical depression, but I don't imagine the NHC is going to fret too much over a depression as opposed to a storm. Just my hunch, though.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center