Clark
(Meteorologist)
Thu Mar 16 2006 12:23 AM
Re: surprise

Nah, there have been so few S. Atlantic tropical cyclone/quasi-TC features that no sound statistical correlations can be drawn between that and SSTs and tropical cyclone frequency up here.

Just on a random "parallel," my guess is that things are setting up a little similar to 2004, but what happens in March only has a small impact upon what happens in June-November. But really, SSTs are below average across much of the basin, so it's really folly to say what's going to happen. Climate science is beyond my grasp and I'm not much of a firm believer in it, so I'll leave any further discussion to those more familiar with it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center