Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Apr 05 2006 08:59 PM
Re: no change

Quote:

Even though i wasn't affected by last summer directly, anyone else still suffering from 'Hurricane Fatigue'?

-Mark

In a way...I have not stopped being involved with Katrina in some form on a daily basis since about August 25th last year. I'm not fatigued necessarily. I feel like I'm on a journey, and if I stopped and didn't complete that journey, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. If everything works out for the best, I'll be able to do some good.

My family was affected, and that has affected me. For awhile wasn't even sure if my brother was going to hold up and make it through the year (law enforcement has been slammed and are more shorthanded than ever, and no end in sight). A couple weeks ago, visited my hometown (Pascagoula), saw the new work on my momma's house and my brother's house. Drove along the coast, and, remarkably, found what I was looking for (a survivor from Clermont Harbor).

I realize that it's going to become a little strange this summer. It'll begin my second year of watching hurricanes, in just two months, which, since I've learned a lot, will be a whole new ballpark...but I'll still be doing Katrina research, and even spending my entire vacation down there sometime this summer (three weeks -- oh, and I'm bringing the furball), hoping to be there around the time of the first aniversary, and hoping that I don't have to go through a hurricane while I'm there, and hoping that if I do I'll get the chance to hang out on a DOW truck. :-)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center