weatherwatcher999
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Jun 11 2006 10:33 AM
Re: Recon

Quote:

The advisory upgrading it to Alberto won't be issued until 11am (or shortly before - actually it should come out in the next 10-20 minutes). Advisories are only issues every 6 hours unless there is a watch/warning.

Yep, Although I have seen NHC be late on the advisories if they are trying for a last sweep of recon.

Speaking of warnings on the storm, I have never heard of any storm (TD, TS, H) have no warnings on it when it is in the GOM! I think the west Florida coast should have had a TS watch issued last night, but it looks like a warning will be issued if indeed Alberto is christened.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center