Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Jun 21 2006 01:35 AM
Re: Still Quiet but Tropics May be Stirring

well just took a look at the CMC 00z run... would love for that scenerio to plauy out.... pops a low in 48hrs and brings in near or south of Daytona and then a track over to the Apalach. Bay... and then towards good old Panama City in 102hrs..... WE COULD USE THE TROPICAL MOSITURE!!!

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/cmctc2.cg...;hour=Animation

bottom line... like others have posted.... something could spinn up or something may not... but i say it at best would be weak....the moisture would greatly be need over here in this neck of the woods... and with the models all over the place with the tropical wave/trof... will just have to sit and watch more runs and see what developes.... i am interested in the long range...GFS at 00z.... while it spinns up a low in the middle of the atlanrtic... is shows a wave crossing south atlantic towards the southern islands late mid week.. next week...to me that would allow the wave to get into the carribean and from there.... hmm... will just watch and see...July is almost here... think the switch is about to be turned on in the tropics....

GFS 180hrs 00z run

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center