allan
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 05 2006 04:10 PM
Re: Florence is looking better

Florence is now finally getting itself together. Convection is broad but that will begins to end and get closer into the center. I really dont see this trough being that strong by the time Florence gets near the USA. ANything can happen. I'd give in 2 more days then we should have a better idea on where its headed. The track is moving west right now. Right now i'm agreeing with the NHC track. Very against the new GFDL model output. I do not believe that it will turn that quickly. Notice the same thing is happening with Florence and the upcoming storm that happened with Edwuard and Fran back in 1996. If Florence curves which I think will be between Bermuda and the USA, the possible "Gordon" could be a player for the USA. Think about it. The same thing that happened in 1996 is happening with this. Very interesting on how this plays.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center