seminolesfan
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 05 2006 04:44 PM
Re: Florence is looking better...but behind Flo....

This (edit: the cape verde wave) is the one I've had my eye on all weekend. Flo has actually surprised me getting as much attention as it has.

However, I know I'm only an educated amature at best. So when the Navy puts up an invest, I give it a good look. So right now I'm focused on 06L/Florence and to a lesser extent 91L.

As far as our current flavor of the week, Florence, here are my thoughts:
1) With the interference of 98L yesterday and 91L hanging on her heels, I believe the current batch of model runs are almost worthless.
2)The more south the coc stays, the less chance the TROF has of recurving her before at least a serious landfall scare. The current westerly movement also gives the high a little more time to build in.
3)Even though she is still feeling some shear, organization has def. improved some today.

Still way too soon for predictions or forcasts, but the east coast should be in watch and wait mode for the next 24-48 hrs.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center