allan
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 05 2006 05:28 PM
Re: Florence is looking better...but behind Flo....

Well I have to agree with what the NHC is seeing.. a weak trough and if this storm grows to a cat. 3 like Tom Sorels said on News 6, This may be a storm for the Carolinas perhaps the northeast. Not going to make any predictions in this yet. Still too early. I think the NHC is really making a wise decision and sticking south of the models who they and I believe are really overdoing the recurve to the north. Looking ok on IR. Convection is trying to get to the center. This still could turn out to be like Edwaurd back in 1996. It cliped Cape Cod with cat. 1 hurricane force winds. Fran was next which could be Gordon in this case. Again.. not saying it will happen but there is a chance. It all just needs to be watched. Very well put discussion from NHC and track is well put together to. They really should stick with that until they know what it could do. Ciao!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center