GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 09 2006 09:54 AM
Re: 430 AM EDT Update

I am just an observer and have only a smattering of ability to make out fronts and troughs and dry air. I have been trying to decide how old the satellites that are available to me are. But, based on what I can find, there seems to be other options coming available to the storm. I am wondering if the dry air coming down from Canada is going to nudge things even more south before it is over. Even if it does, there is not any more potential for a strong storm than there ever was. I can see how the NHC was able to change the forecast points but if they launch the rocket from the Cape at 11 today, the satellites may not be up to date for the web until later today which makes weather spelunking not as fun for us freebie watchers.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center