cieldumort
(Moderator)
Tue Dec 19 2006 03:44 AM
Re: Quietest Season Since 1997

Yeah, that 10th one was really a no-brainer, as far as I was concerned - I was all but startled that they did not give it a name at the time, but then again, it was handled well under the HSF... simply overlooked by the media (other than TWC, as far as I know) as a likely candidate.

Despite all the talk of stable air, dry air, anomalous SAL, etc., your "so the season went 1 in june, 2 in july, 3 in august, 4 in september, and then nothing." observation fits in all too well with the budding El Nino perhaps playing the largest role of all in the season ending up well-below forecasts.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center