F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Ed Dunham
      #4627 - Sat Sep 21 2002 07:27 PM

Just wanted to make folks aware of Ed Dunham's post over in the Storm Forum. Click here to get to it

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
13L
      #4628 - Sat Sep 21 2002 07:32 PM

92L will be upgraded to a depression at 5pm. NRL monterey has changed the name, and this always precedes the upgrade. so, three active systems.
HF 1925z21september

Southern4sure
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
Re: Ed Dunham
      #4629 - Sat Sep 21 2002 07:32 PM

Ok, Now Im getting nervous.

Southern

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
Re: The Spider is squished again
      #4630 - Sat Sep 21 2002 07:37 PM

I do believe we will have A TD 13 at five. And the forecast is to be at 91 kts and well under 20N 60W.
[url=http://twister.sbs.ohio-state.edu/text/tropical/atlantic/models/02092119]

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: The Spider is squished again
      #4631 - Sat Sep 21 2002 07:58 PM

Recon reports pressure down to 946 MB. they also said:
MAX FL WIND 109 KT SE QUAD 1743Z. MAX FL TEMP 21C 360/09. EYE WALL 60% CLOSED AND CONTRACTING, STILL OPEN TO THE WEST.

Izzy seems to be taking a deep breath.......

jlauderdal
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FLorida
Re: 13L
      #4632 - Sat Sep 21 2002 07:58 PM

We could easily be dealing with two landfalling hurricanes in the US within the next 7-10 days. 92L has every opportunity to get into the northern carribbean and develop from there. Don't see really quick intensification for at least 72H. Don't think it gets nearly as far W as izzy. looks like a SE bahamas hispanola deal and then wishcasters from Miami to Virginia Beach take over and duke it out and chew up bandwidth. Maybe i will have fire the webcam back up that I have going on this site.

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
FYI - Dvorak 6.0 / 6.0 WOW
      #4633 - Sat Sep 21 2002 08:10 PM

21/1745 UTC 21.9N 86.1W 6.0/6.0 ISIDORE

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/FLOAT/BD/20.jpg

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-bd-loop.html

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: FYI - Dvorak 6.0 / 6.0 WOW
      #4634 - Sat Sep 21 2002 08:54 PM

What Gives? The Weather channel just showed a projected path due west. Are the models all in agreement with this now. I had the volume turned down and if I were a casual watcher I would assume that no one in the US is at risk of a hurricane.

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4635 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:00 PM

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200210.html

That's the 5 track. That's a more nervous track IMHO. I'm waiting for the 5 discussion to come out but I gotta bring the kids to church.

Steve

--------------------

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Here's something to chew on...
      #4636 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:06 PM

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT10/AL1002I.GIF

147mph @ 72 hours? Add that track to the Jaws theme song in the back of your head - da-na. da-na. da-na. da-na...

--------------------

Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: St.Petersburg,FL
      #4637 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:07 PM

Isidore growing rapidly. Don't agree with current movement west at 3 believe its more NW at 3. TD#13 forms. Getting active!

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #4638 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:19 PM

I don't believe the NHC is going to change their forecast track until they see Izzy do something more definite. On the other hand, he's moved .1 to the west in 6 hours, and that does'nt change their 11:00 am forecast? They'll just stick with they said earlier until proven wrong, because not only did he not go west, he didn't go north either. I just hope they don't lull someone in the eastern GOM to sleep, and create a bigger problem then they already have.
What I do see is the Gators 21, Tenn. 0. HA! But that game ain't over either..............

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4639 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:20 PM

Just got in from working on my house, been remodeling the outside since July.... figures... couple sections only had plywood and house wrap on it... not any more... finished up those sides and were ready to roll now...

just wondering as I have not had time to do any analysis but as I watched the TWC TU just a few minutes I could have sworn that I saw a "HINT" of a NW drift on the vis loop.... any one else catch it or am I imaging things?

be that as it may, I have completed all my basic hurricane preps... batteries, water, radios, food.. I keep a stock of plywood on hand all the time.... my garage is like a mini Home Depot...... bought me a battery operated TV too...

Cat 4 is a serious event... hopefully some kind of atmospheric event will come up to preclude that from happening... I sure in hell hope so

good post on preps... if your home is situated where you don't have a lot of shelter from the wind I highly recommend plywooding all windows and doors that are not steel or solid wood type... as stated earlier, you lose a window in a Cat 4 you lose your house.... My house has been through em all, From Camille to Elena to Georges... still standing, still plywooding, and still praying for this thing not to come here...

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Hey Joe ... you saw it too
      #4641 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:26 PM

As I was writing my last post Joe also mention the NW drift in his post.. that makes two of us that saw it...

hmmmmmmm

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Hey Joe ... you saw it too
      #4642 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:31 PM

Yep. Me three.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
22.1 and 86.3??????
      #4643 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:26 PM

Using the GOES vis latitude and longitude plotter I have Izzy estimated to be located at 22.1 and 86.3... best guess I might add but definitely a wobble to the NW...

up .2 north and over .1 west since last advisory, if my estimates are correct....

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
NW... I'm positive now
      #4648 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:43 PM

studing the vis loop for the past 10 minutes confirms what I though I saw earlier... Izzy has been wobbling to the NW... and it might just be a slight deviation from the forecasted track and he'll get back on that west course... but then again maybe not...

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: 22.1 and 86.3??????
      #4650 - Sat Sep 21 2002 09:52 PM

Jog to the NW continued in the 21:15 UTC visible photo.
Recon reports pressure of 945 MB, another drop of one since the 5:00 pm update. Eyewall is 50% open, mostly to the west, prob. reforming. Think jog north is eyewall reforming, or may this Cat4 storm is making his own way with a little push from mid to upper low over Bay of Campeche. I see many hurricane models going up in flames if this continues..

Joe in Jax
Fla 24 Tenn 7

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: 22.1 and 86.3??????
      #4651 - Sat Sep 21 2002 10:12 PM

I agree Joe... last vis loop still shows the northerly component albeit a little more to the wnw in the latest frame... the overall system could be wobbling off somewhere between NW and WNW... gotta keep watching to see if this is a trend or just a slight deviation and it'll get back on the west track...

I have the estimate center based on GOES lat/long finder at approximately 22.16N and 86.40W

Maybe it is the center reforming, regardless it's interesting to watch on the loop... system so powerful right now it will probably will go where it feels like

Rick
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Major Hurricane Isidore.... You have to Wander
      #4652 - Sat Sep 21 2002 10:19 PM

Am I seeing things ... or does the GFDL show something spawning in the Bahamas at T60?

BTW, I guess I'll go on record with my thoughts of a big bend hit as a cat3, maybe cat2. Sorry, I don't have time to get into the whys and wherefores.

Justin is absolutely correct. You have to protect the entire envelope of the house. Also make sure the gable ends are reinforced or trusses fall like dominoes. I put so much cross-bracing up there it, if it ever came off, it would have pulled the house up outta the ground.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13177

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center