F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: My SWAG.... on center locations
      #4668 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:21 AM

During the past 45 minutes I estimate that Izzy has gone .09N and .09W.... I think it is still jogging to the wnw or nw for the past hour or so... again based on my non scientific method

Kimster here's the link... sorry it took so long as my computer locked up and I had to reboot

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goes8conusir.html

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
      #4669 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:22 AM

Hey guys(and gals). Came back from getting my wife from work and looked at infrared loop. Think there still is some nw jogs going on. I kind of brought this up on the last page, but my thoughts are we've gone almost nine hours with either no movement or a very slow NW jog. This should be enough to throw out some of the stranger model aspects IMHO, like Izzy being somewhere way down in the Bay of Camp. in 72hrs. But I'm willing to bet NHC won't budge, and at 11 we'll get something that is a rehash of the 11:00 am forecast. Even the 18Z GFDL gives me problems because they started Izzy in the right place, but going the wrong direction. 265, or just south of west? Anybody seen him going south of west today? Sorry, it's just something that gets on my nerves when peoples lives are at stake. When you feed a model garbage, it's going to give you garbage in return.
Of course, I think Izzy was just trying to get a better look at the GATORS STOMPING TENNESSE 30-13! He's just adjusting his rabbit ears, IMHO.

Joe in JAX

Kimster
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Dunedin, FL
      #4670 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:26 AM

Thanks Frank...even got it to zoom for me!

Londovir
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
      #4671 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:27 AM

Excellent link, Frank! Lets you really get zoomed in and see the eye area nicely. Looks like the western tip of Cuba is in for some really nasty rain and weather for the next few hours as that trailing arm of Izzy whips into it from the south.

Looking at the Cancun radar it looks like the worst of the close-core rains are skimming just off shore. Guess that's good for the poor folks living up on the peninsula --- bad for everyone else in terms of it not weakening much since it looks like the core is going to stay off land.

Jay

--------------------
Londovir

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4672 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:31 AM

anytime K

Bama opening up a can of whoop ass on my Golden Eagles... Jason and Southern4sure should be enjoying this .... cause I sure in the heck am not

Izzy not going anywhere very fast is he???

Got to admit the color IR on this system is just absolutely beautiful .... hope I can continue to view it from a safe distance...

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
      #4673 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:42 AM

Very nice link. Boy, he's pushing that upper low to his SW away like a rotten stepchild, much like the GATORS DID TO TENNESSE!

But very nice link, indeed.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4674 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:49 AM

Just got thru reviewing the Cuba sat loop. System has over the past 5 hours definitely wobbled on a definite NW course...

the link was provided up above in an earlier post but here's the link, it's slow but worth the view...

http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/newreply.php?Cat=&Board=tb2002&Number=4672&page=0&view=collapsed&what=showflat&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
      #4675 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:53 AM

quasi-stationary. It appears to me that the eye is almost rotating around the CDO which appears to be slightly elongated. As it comes around, sometimes it's going north, sometimes south west, sometimes west. Imagine you're drawing a series of connected, lowercase, script e's but you don't loop the 'e' - almost the shape of a wave you might have drawn in a beach picture in kindergarden - but not exactly. Overally, the eye looks to miss the YP as it is a bit north of there. If you plot the eye short term (last few hours), you'd come up roughly northwest, yet the storm itself seems to be crawling west. The slow movement almost guarantees a NC-NE Gulf landfall if it gets grabbed by a trof. Interestingly, the European model for the severalth run in a row puts landfall around Morgan City, LA. 2 days later, it's up in northern Ohio. That's a rocket shot if ever I saw one. I'm not sure which model will perform best when the researchers go back and look at 'em, but if the Euro is right, there's going to be a lot of dead alligators on the coast!

Here's a link to the latest ECMWF I could find:

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/deterministic/world/msl_uv850_z500!Wind%20850%20and%20mslp!168!North%20America!12!pop!od!oper!public_plots!latest!/

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
18Z GFDL run still up to its tricks but now apparently aiming for TX.
      #4676 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:57 AM

http://www.essc.psu.edu/rhart-cgi-bin/gfdltc2.cgi?time=2002092118-isidore10l&field=Sea+Level+Pressure&hour=Animation

Steve

--------------------

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4677 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:05 AM

Last IR pix showed a wobble west.... .04W degrees and no movement north... Steve you might be right but add it all up from the past 90 minutes the system went from 22.21N to 22.3N (.09N) and from 86.47W to 86.60W (.13W)

All based on guestimates but still drifting somewhere between WNW and NW... NOT WEST..

Next IR pix should be interesting... wobble more to the NW should occur if this is a true trend...

Wobbles are part of the phenomon of a storm and you would expect it to go north then west, back on forth if it truly is moving NW... especially if you are trying to plot every 15 minutes or so... lets see what the next IR brings.... one thing about it, not hard to find the center of this sucker...

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
      #4678 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:09 AM

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/watl-ir4-loop.html

looking as if TD13 is getting som eof its convection back.

Londovir
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: 18Z GFDL run still up to its tricks but now apparently aiming for TX.
      #4679 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:12 AM

You aren't kidding about tricks...if I read that right, the plot on that site wants to take it on a hard curl over the tip of the YP, practically coming back southeastward until it bounces off the western edge of the YP, then it rebounds back NW. Somehow I don't see the storm hooking downwards like that, but this storm will pretty much do anything it wants to I guess.

Jay

--------------------
Londovir

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4680 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:15 AM

latest IR still shows it drifting off to the wnw... I don't think its stationary... slowly drifting.. I have it at 22.32N and 86.69W

over the past hour and 45 minutes Izzy has gone 1.1 degrees north (form 22.21n to 22.32N) and 2.2 degrees west (from 86.47W to 86.69W)... granted not all that much movement but movement still the same

meto
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Tropical Bloom. Isidore, Kyle, TD#13
      #4681 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:15 AM

its not moving west, cant count on models they are dealing with something very different.

BillD
User

Reged:
Loc: Miami
      #4682 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:16 AM

Drifting westward is what the NHC said, and that is what I'm seeing on the Cancun radar. I've been grabbing the graphic from there every 1/2 hour or so, I put some of them up side by side, and the center has barely moved over the last couple of hours, but I see only a westward component.

Bill

Floridacane
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
      #4683 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:21 AM

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/post-goes
Frank, here's the zoom in on that link you posted, pretty awesome eye wall. Thanks for the link.
Lori

--------------------
What's brewin' everyone?
Lori

Floridacane
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
      #4684 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:23 AM

Sorry, don't know what happened to the link, won't let me post it. So anyway, ignore my last post

--------------------
What's brewin' everyone?
Lori

Kimster
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Dunedin, FL
      #4685 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:28 AM

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goes8conusir.html

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4686 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:30 AM

Bill do you have a link to a Cancun radar that loops.. that would certainly help determine if it is moving... from what I've seen on the IR I 'm reasonable sure it has moved some, but not much, over the past hour.... my opinion only...

with such a well defined center iis pretty easy finding its whereabouts...

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Where is Bobbi Kane?
      #4687 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:43 AM

Bobbi,

I want your read on 'colors.' I'll check back later. Also, for anyone who cares, Bastardi will be doing another late PM post on the tropics tonight. I care, that's why I posted it. I don't know why it's gotten so vogue to trash him, but I think he's the best there is.

Steve

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: **
Topic views: 34496

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center