F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Mike
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Port St. John, Fla
Re: S or west Cuba
      #5007 - Mon Sep 23 2002 06:56 PM

This is what the NWS in Melbourne is thinking today:
EXTENDED...TS LILI NEXT SYSTEM THAT BEARS WATCHING WITH FORECAST
CURRENTLY JUST SOUTH OF HISPANOLA AND RECURVATURE NORTH EXPECTED AS
REMNANTS OF ISIDORE LIFT NORTH OVER THE SOUTHEAST WOULD EXPECT SOME
TURNING NORTH OF LILI AT SOME POINT. IN SUMMARY EXTENDED FCST
REMAINS UNCERTAIN. DUE TO BOTH INDIRECT AND POSSIBLE DIRECT
INFLUENCES OF ACTIVITY IN TROPICS.

I think Lili future depends on when Izzy lifts out.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lilly?
      #5008 - Mon Sep 23 2002 07:09 PM

Hey HF-

Where do you see the center racing ahead of the convection? I have looked at the loops over and over in close up and slow mo, don't see this. My surmise is the center is under the convection...or...unless it is a very small vortex...Lilly is just a very vigourous wave. I don't see much turning there. Whats up?

IHS,

Bill

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
Lily and Izzy
      #5009 - Mon Sep 23 2002 07:24 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't need to take my word for it, Isidore looks bad right now. He is very, very crippled. He's cut-off from his moisture source, but I only expect that to last for 12 more hours, at the very most. Isidore will re-strengthen quite a bit in the GOMEX, and this is why: the low central pressure. When is the last time you saw a 60-MPh tropical storm with a 964 mb central pressure. Not too often. Also, Isidore may just go due N instead of NW. Looks like he could also turn more NE because he weaker. If he doesn't intensify back to a category 2 or more in 36 hours, this one's a Florida storm again.

I'm more concerned about Lili, but in a cautious manner. She looks to be very well organized with plenty of deep convection. Some argue that she may a very vigorous tropical wave, but her convection is hiding the circulation. This storm has had a habit of doing this. I'm concerned about Florida in the longer-term. There should be a northward curve with Lili at some point. When this does occur she should be very near a latitude someplace in Florida, so we could see an 90-100 knot storm effect our weather eventually.

Two storms to watch...goody. And yes, Lili may well mimic what Isidore does because the same trough could effect the two storms. Definitely have to keep a watch in the tropics.

Kevin

SirCane
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pensacola, FL
Agree 100% Kevin
      #5010 - Mon Sep 23 2002 07:32 PM

Isidore still has good structure and that very low pressure will be in play once he hits water. (Could be about 980mb by that time)

Also, remember how Opal went from CAT 1 to 150mph in 12 hours time. Camille went from a TS to a CAT 5 in 2 days time! People need to take this baby as seriously as ever!

SirCane~

--------------------
Direct Hits:
Hurricane Erin (1995) 100 mph
Hurricane Opal (1995) 115 mph
Hurricane Ivan (2004) 130 mph
Hurricane Dennis (2005) 120 mph
http://www.hardcoreweather.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

Isidore, moving slightly
      #5011 - Mon Sep 23 2002 07:33 PM

towards the east,,may be a cycloid (loop), also note some convection blowing up just to e and ne of center...stay tuned....

IHS,

Bill

Skeeter

Reged:
Loc: Florida, Kissimmee
Re: add another mark
      #5012 - Mon Sep 23 2002 07:35 PM

I am with you, there is so much going on that I find anything hard to believe and almost everything possible at this point. I went to GOES Interactive and looked at global water vapor mosaic and global satellite IR and I just don't see anything that is influencing IZZY to move nnw or due north, it looks to me like nne or ne is going to be the move if at all. That sure is a big wad of convection moving in to South Central Cuba isn't it.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Respectfully disagree
      #5013 - Mon Sep 23 2002 07:57 PM

From what I've just seen I detected a HINT of a minor NNW movement based on where I think the center of the system is.... at first I thought it also wobbled off to the northeast, but after further study I think the ne movement is not at the true center of the storm... could be wrong, and it won't be the first time... problem is finding the true center... like finding a needle in a hay stack....

I'd bet its moving NNW if its moving at all....

rick in mobile
Unregistered

starting to move?
      #5014 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:01 PM

I see it too...interesting, Steve Lyons thinks it is heading north...pointed right to central gulf coast...as landfalling hurricane...

stay tuned...batten down hatches....after izzy, then lilly...
then insanie....

LadyStorm
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: United States
On the Lighter side
      #5015 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:02 PM

Found these hurricane cartoons to lighten up your day. Some are cute and some are corny.

web page

--------------------
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them"

..........Albert Einstein

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: starting to move?
      #5016 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:08 PM

Definitely moving north now. Still appears to have a very good structure. As was pointed out earlier, with the pressure remaining so low, when Izzy reaches open waters, he will bomb again. Joe B still says Cat 3 north central gulf. I see no reason to disagree.

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
My favorite one...
      #5017 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:10 PM

Was the Nightmare. That was worth wading through all the corny ones.

N.O. update - fast moving low clouds heading SW have been replaced by a phenominal afternoon. Cirrus are moving ESE now. It's a sunshiny day with a nice 10-15 breeze blowing (can't tell which direction downtown because of the buildings. It feels about 85 and low humidity. I gotta guess a front has passed through or something. Looking to the South, there are thicker, mid-level clouds. Don't know what it all means, but that's the report.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: St.Petersburg,FL
Re: My favorite one...
      #5018 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:14 PM

Isidore possibly showing "slow" movement north. Lili looking better and better.

GO BUCS!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Pressures
      #5019 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:17 PM

Pressure falling in the central gulf at bouy 42001. Down to near lowst point in last couple of days. Also, the wind is as stron as it has been in the last couple of days. System is starting its trek north. I seem to remeber that some systems start to intensify even before the reemerge. Could this be happening with Izzy. He looks better now than he did earlier in the day.

canman32
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Crstview Florida
Re: My favorite one...
      #5020 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:21 PM

Been at the beaches around Destin all day today and its amazing the boats that are being brought inland. We have a toll bridge leaving the beaches and going inland, there must have been 50 boats/yachts leaving the beaches this morning.

I even noticed the Marinas were taking all the boats out of the water. Maybe they know something we dont?

Hopefully noone will think its over, as Yogi said "it aint over till its over!!"

I still believe Izzy will be a major hurricane for someone.

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
Off topic, but...
      #5021 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:27 PM

I have to do MNF predictions. Rams vs. Bucs (yeah baby!).

Should be very tight game, as these always are:
Bucs 27
Rams 24

There we go. Also noticed Panthers are 3-0. What going on up there?

Be interesting to see 5:00 PM advisory on Isidore, or even more interesting, Lili.

Kevin

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
2 STORMS
      #5022 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:55 PM

Izzy drifting NE, looks like La. or east now. Circulation still looks very good and it shouldn't take much to intensify once over water. 3 days or so to impact. Lili just caused a wind gust to 75 mph on Barbados. Movement will be WNW toward Hispaniola. Should be a hurricane by then.
MNF- Rams 31 Bucs 17 No offense
Dolphins #1 team in Florida 3-0

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Future Threat From Lili? Any thoughts?
      #5023 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:58 PM

Hey all.

Good to see you are all still alive and not in any insane asylums yet from watching this nutty "Izzy" guy. I read on a previous post someone was looking for the co' ords for the storm Izzy. Well I found a pretty cool interactive tracking map on this site http://b.orlandoweather.com/hurricanes/1671649/detail.html

Or just go to www.orlandoweather.com and look for there interactive hurricane tracking map. They have an interesting article on Izzy and the other active storms in the Atlantic.
Thanks for all the great posts folks......
take care
Regards
BD

Gofins13

Reged:
Loc: Crystal River,Fl.
Re: Off topic, but...
      #5024 - Mon Sep 23 2002 08:58 PM

Dr. Steve said Izzy is drifting N.E.!! But a more turn to the north later--What does this mean??(hum ho)

Anonymous
Unregistered

west
      #5025 - Mon Sep 23 2002 09:01 PM

lastfew frames show a west movement again. Why would the trough coming in not force Izzy norteast. They still want to turn him northwest toward the end of the forecast period.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: west
      #5026 - Mon Sep 23 2002 09:05 PM

I would like Rick in Mobile to post more i enjoy reading your post's. I enjoy everyones actually. So whats happening Cause i dont have a clue. He in The Panhandle i am starting to worry alittle. Hope ya'll could supply alittle more info for me I am a novice at this stuff an i would greatly appreciate it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 22071

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center