Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - 25 Years Tracking StormsHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2021 Altantic Hurricane Season Begins June 1st, 2021. 2020 is officially over, but still a 30% chance area lingers.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 37 (Zeta) , Major: 99 (Laura) Florida - Any: 786 (Michael) Major: 786 (Michael)
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives 2000s >> 2006 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
madmumbler
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: SWFL
Re: 93L [Re: pcola]
      #67619 - Wed Jun 28 2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

After 2 major direct hits the last 2 years, I can honestly say we are ready. I will be picking up the Stormbusters Saturday, raised the amount of insurance, and stocked up on everything. I remember preparing for blizzards up north. The year I was best prepared, we had virtually no snow. Hope the same holds true this year.

My dad fixed my genny last week. *sheepish* I hadn't started it since....oh....Halloween? *LOL* (My mom and dad fix small engines/mowers for a living.)

Other than that, I've been buying an extra gallon of water every shopping trip, I need to get some more tuna, but I've got batteries, boards, and peanut butter. *LOL* And propane for the little camp stove. I should get some extra 2x4's for the garage door reinforcement, but everything else is ready.

I'm hoping now that I've got everything ready, I won't NEED it! *LOL* I donated a lot of canned stuff to the food drives last holidays. (That's a great way to divest yourself of the extra food, btw! if you don't want to eat tuna for years. *LOL*)

We've finished off nearly all the "extras" in the freezers. I try to only keep what I need for that week in the freezers so I don't lose a lot if something happens. Even with the genny, I can't power BOTH fridges and the chest freezer. I figure the chest freezer will be good for consolidating everything (will stay cold a lot longer because it's a chest).

--------------------
Lesli in SWFL.
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Storm Cooper
User

Reged: Sat
Loc: Panama City , FL
Re: 93L [Re: madmumbler]
      #67621 - Wed Jun 28 2006 09:51 PM

I have no problem with the posts here tonight other than they are getting off topic and chat room like.... proper forums and use of the PM feature will take care of this.. Please try to do this.

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

harmlc.ath.cx
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Tue
Loc: Longwood
Re: 93L [Re: Storm Cooper]
      #67625 - Wed Jun 28 2006 11:29 PM

Here's an update on 93L:

93L, located around 61W and 12N, is moving west-northwestward at 15-20 mph. 93L is interacting with a large upper-level trough and upper level winds are unfavorable for any development. 93L is still producing moderate convection but nothing that would indicated strengthening. On visible satellite it appears as if the convection is starting to be sheared away, and a shear zone has appeared to have set up south of Hati producing 40 knot shear. As 93L interacts with this area, development will be close to impossible.

Edited by harmlc.ath.cx (Thu Jun 29 2006 02:15 AM)

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged: Mon
Loc: fl
Re: 93L [Re: harmlc.ath.cx]
      #67626 - Thu Jun 29 2006 12:06 AM

93L is not around 19N

cieldumort

Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: 93L [Re: scottsvb]
      #67627 - Thu Jun 29 2006 12:27 AM

I'll second that

93LINVEST (estimated to be) 25kts-1013mb-(centered near) 12.8N-62.2W as of 10:45PM Eastern

This ling has little, if any, near to mid-term hope for any significant organization.

--------------------
COVID-19 kills. Please practice the 3 Ws: Wear a mask. Watch your distance. Wash your hands.

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: 93L [Re: cieldumort]
      #67628 - Thu Jun 29 2006 01:01 AM

next 2 days, should be under way too much shear. low level easterly flow in the caribbean is probably too fast for it to organize even if a coherent feature gets across. i'd say that pissant low near 26/67 has better prospects, and i wouldn't give it a snowball's chance in florida... or hell for that matter.
there isn't anything showing on model runs that i'd buy into. would be surprised if we see anything in early july based on how dead the forecast pattern looks. eventually either an MJO wave will pick things back up, or maybe SOI will tank and jam something out of the caribbean.
HF 0501z29june

Edited by HanKFranK (Thu Jun 29 2006 01:02 AM)

harmlc.ath.cx
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Longwood
      #67629 - Thu Jun 29 2006 02:17 AM

Quote:

93L is not around 19N

Sorry about that. I was viewing a previous tropical discussion when i wrote this and didn't realize it was an older one. I changed it to 12N.

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: 93L [Re: HanKFranK]
      #67632 - Thu Jun 29 2006 06:39 AM

This has nothing to do with the idea of any TC development, but I noticed last night before I went to bed that the tropical wave that was behind 93L seemed to be gaining a little more latitude than anticipated, and it seems like that trend continued overnight. At any rate it seems the high level flow has pulled some of the convective energy past 20N. I looked at the TAFB surface forecasts, and I wasn't sure if I'd remembered the previous set of images correctly, but it seemed like they nudged things a little bit north (also Stew's early morning TWO mentioned the Dominican Republic). I think that some of the energy may possibly be as far north as Miami in a couple days.

Is that lightning that you can see on the RGB nighttime images -- the clusters of tiny bright spots?

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

scottsvb
Weather Master

Loc: fl
Re: 93L [Re: Margie]
      #67633 - Thu Jun 29 2006 12:31 PM

My B.O.C. area I said could be a favorible spot a couple days ago by now with that wave has almost made it in there....there is a LLC although weak with a well defined midlevel low...and strong T-storms over the centers which are aligned and decent upper level flow...but its partially over land....if this system was 80-100miles NE of its current position we would be talking about Beryl this afternoon.

Nateball
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tarpon Springs FL
      #67634 - Thu Jun 29 2006 02:49 PM

WOW that looks like a pretty big blow up of convection in the B.O.C any chance of something popping up?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/avn-l.jpg

Fletch
Weather Guru

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Re: 93L [Re: Nateball]
      #67635 - Thu Jun 29 2006 03:52 PM

JB has been watching this area and thinks the system may turn North sometime tomorrow.

--------------------
Irwin M. Fletcher

andy1tom
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: Callaway, Florida
      #67636 - Thu Jun 29 2006 03:58 PM

none of the models are picking up on it, but it does look impressive

john2
Unregistered

Re: 93L [Re: andy1tom]
      #67637 - Thu Jun 29 2006 04:25 PM

THE NAVY HAS AN 94L INVEST ON THE BOC.

ticka1
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Southeast Texas
Re: 93L [Re: john2]
      #67638 - Thu Jun 29 2006 04:51 PM

Looks to me that its moving to the NW - what are everyone thoughts on this system? Will be interesting to see if it develops and heads to Texas or locations along the GOM this weekend and over 4th of July!

--------------------
Join www.wildonweather.com/forum Message Board

HCW
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Mobile,AL
Re: 93L [Re: john2]
      #67639 - Thu Jun 29 2006 04:53 PM

Movt NW now and they expect it to move north tomorrow. It sure would be nice if the Mexican radars were working. How soon before we see recon get into it ?

--------------------
Over 4,000 members and now on a new server

http://www.hardcoreweather.com

HURRICANELONNY
Weather Guru

Loc: HOLLYWOOD,FL.
Re: 94L [Re: HCW]
      #67640 - Thu Jun 29 2006 05:03 PM

Mine as well dump 93L . It's off the Navy site. Hopefully 94L will soak Texas.

Nateball
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tarpon Springs FL
Re: 94L [Re: HURRICANELONNY]
      #67641 - Thu Jun 29 2006 05:28 PM

It will be very interesting to see where the Invest Models take 94L or if it has much of a chance to develop.

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Loc: Puerto Morelos,Mx
93L [Re: Nateball]
      #67642 - Thu Jun 29 2006 05:37 PM

To me 93L looks better than it ever has.Should affect S Florida Sat or Sun.It what form is the question.

--------------------

Survived:
Gloria,Bob,Katrina,Wilma and a bunch of tropical storms.

Tak
Weather Watcher

Loc: Altamonte Springs, FL
Re: 94L [Re: Nateball]
      #67644 - Thu Jun 29 2006 06:06 PM

All things being equal, layer mean wind analysis at 400-850mb, 500-850mb looks like it will keep a NW track.

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/atlantic/winds/wg8dlm3.html

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Loc: Puerto Morelos,Mx
Re: 94L [Re: Tak]
      #67645 - Thu Jun 29 2006 06:20 PM

Looks like 94L will move inland before it has a chance to develop.There are also 2 more waves in addition to 93L and 94L.

--------------------

Survived:
Gloria,Bob,Katrina,Wilma and a bunch of tropical storms.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 32768

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center