F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 201 (Idalia) , Major: 201 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 201 (Idalia) Major: 201 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)
Kent
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale
hurricane webcam [Re: rule]
      #28119 - Wed Sep 15 2004 10:51 PM

They have another vehicle in town parked outside the police station. The camera still seems operational....for now.

http://www.hurricanetrack.com/webcam/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rule
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Ocala, Florida
Re: hurricane webcam [Re: Kent]
      #28120 - Wed Sep 15 2004 10:58 PM

They will probably get a bill from the EPA for floating that Isuzu...

Wonder if they drained the fuel from it?

danielwAdministrator

Reged: Wed
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: hurricane webcam [Re: rule]
      #28121 - Wed Sep 15 2004 11:00 PM

Shhhh, don't tell anyone or they will be billing everyone in FL for doing the same thing.

LI Phil
User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
NEW THREAD [Re: danielw]
      #28123 - Wed Sep 15 2004 11:03 PM

ED just put up a new thread...time to head that way...

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

andy1tom
Storm Tracker

Loc: Callaway, Florida
Re: Mobile NOAA radar [Re: LI Phil]
      #28124 - Wed Sep 15 2004 11:03 PM

if the phone lines are down what did they give you?? jason has been tracking tornado's since 3:00. i hope he makes it thru the nite. they are popping up inland/north of here. Marianna just had a major one, blountstown has one going now. it just won't end. frank is a "ole salt". he would know when to bail. i am sure its power/telephone/cable line problems. we still have power here but the way the winds have picked up the last half hour i don't know how much longer

cjzydeco
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Sebastian, FL
Re: Frank P. [Re: danielw]
      #28127 - Wed Sep 15 2004 11:10 PM

My experience since moving to Florida has been that power goes out all the time at the slighest storm. I come home several times a week to blinking clocks and a reset computer. I went through Frances last week -- actually almost 2 weeks ago -- here in Vero Beach and the cable TV went out around 9 am, with power going bye bye soon afterward around noon during minimal TS winds. My old fashioned land line phone lasted until at least 11 pm. Later during the worst of the storm (after midnight), I picked it up to test it and it was dead. My ATT cell phone had coverage throughout most of the storm and most of the time in the days and weeks that followed. Other companies had less reliable or no coverage for several days.

The point is that you shouldn't freak out just cause someone is no longer posting. Power goes out early and over a wide area with a storm like this. Transformers explode and trees topple. As scary as it is loose contact with the outside world while a storm rages around you, it's probably safer for the folks enduring this storm to be paying attention to their shelter and family (and pets) rather than reading posts right now. Later, once the storm really digs in is when you wish you had the distraction of the computer, the TV, or a phone.

By the way, my power finally got restored yesterday.

Dude...not freaking at all...just kinda have FP's MO and it's odd he hasn't attempted to either post or at least check in...das all

--------------------
Lat/Lon: 27.8, -80.5
Frances '04, Jeanne '04, Wilma '05, Ernesto '06, Faye '08

Edited by LI Phil (Wed Sep 15 2004 11:24 PM)

Robert
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Southeast, FL
Re: Jeanne likely to hit Florida now! [Re: Fletch]
      #28133 - Wed Sep 15 2004 11:21 PM

Well back finnally back , life getting to normal after Frances. I am sure its sucks to be living on the gulf coast right now thank god its not a 5 THANK GOD.
The highest wind i got 6 miles from the coast right smack dab where the center of the eye crossed dead center was 1 minute 45 mph sustained with consistant small gusts to 60 - 77 mph and less consitant bigger very quick gusts to 80 - 95 biggest gust was 106 mph all taken from backyard weather station at 35 feet elevation.

Justin in Miami
Storm Tracker

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Re: Frank P. [Re: cjzydeco]
      #28140 - Wed Sep 15 2004 11:27 PM

LI PHIL....has anyone called him? sometimes you can call them...but they can't call you...don't ask me why...it just works sometimes....i work in the wireless field...the phone signals can be diminished greatly with rain, wind, and wet trees surrounding the house.

meto
Weather Guru

Re: New Orleans Weather Radio [Re: Jamiewx]
      #28142 - Wed Sep 15 2004 11:28 PM

ch. 11 fort meyers says a canadian high will be coming south and turn jeanne west.

Justin in Miami
Storm Tracker

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Jeanne [Re: meto]
      #28143 - Wed Sep 15 2004 11:32 PM

BTW Floridians....look at Jeanne coming up behind us as we watch to the north....damn what luck!

http://www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/plots/storm_11.gif

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 95783

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center