F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
Pam was in Vero
Unregistered

Re: Latest WV [Re: clyde w.]
      #31919 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:39 PM

Hey Shagy Dude, I don't think your over reacting. I can't believe anyone would stay near the coast after seeing what happened with Frances. I think some are shell shocked and very very tired. No AC will do that to you. I know we are. We just kept pushing each other. With flood and roof damage we had to do it. Also a thought for others you may get stuck with a double deductable if you file again with Ins. The only way I'll call is if my roof goes or a tree falls on it!! Have to go for now. Keep your powder dry!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
Re: Brian Norcross radio station [Re: Kent]
      #31920 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Oh! And does anybody know what to feed an iguana? My son just found him outside and insists he bring him in for the storm. EEEWWW!!!!

colard greens, stingbeans fresh one, squash, apples. yucca root

Edited by troy2 (Sat Sep 25 2004 06:41 PM)

dwlobo
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Palmetto, FL
Re: Polk County EM FINALLY Getting Off The Pot [Re: Interstate4Jamming]
      #31921 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:39 PM

Manatee County has order mandatory special needs and mobile home evacuations. Shelters to open at 2pm.

Kdubs
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Weather Conditions and Buoy Readings [Re: COgal]
      #31922 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:41 PM

Looking out the window here is South Orlando, it looks as though the skys are really dark, almost like the looking at the backside of a piece of plywood... wait. Anyway, like others have reported, the skies are cloudy, occasional wind and light rain. A perfect day to have a cookout, watch some sports, pull the generator out of the shed.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Buoy SPGF1 at Grand Bahama has 53kt sustained winds and a pressure of 29. Bad news. Almost all the buoys around Jeanne have a severe downward tendency in pressure readings (obviously).

Does anyone have an idea when the eye should be passing the same latitude as Orlando? Just curious.

--------------------
South Orlando
God Bless
A B C D E F G H I J K L
Bold = Reached hurricane status
Italics = Impacted Florida

tpratch

Reged:
Loc: Maryland
Re: Weather Conditions and Buoy Readings [Re: Kdubs]
      #31923 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

Looking out the window here is South Orlando, it looks as though the skys are really dark, almost like the looking at the backside of a piece of plywood... wait. Anyway, like others have reports, the skies are cloudy, occasional wind and light rain. A perfect day to have a cookout, watch some sports, pull the generator out of the shed.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Buoy SPGF1 at Grand Bahama has 53kt sustained winds and a pressure of 29. Bad news. Almost all the buoys around Jeanne have a severe downward tendency in pressure readings (obviously).

Does anyone have an idea when the eye should be passing the same latitude as Orlando? Just curious.

Right about the same time it slams into Melbourne?

Justin in Miami
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Re: Brian Norcross radio station [Re: Kent]
      #31924 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:42 PM

SW Ft. Lauderdale....WXMAN...pressure is dropping fast here too! down to 997mb....lowest for Frances at our house was 989mb...maybe it will go lower this time.

gailwarning
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Satellite Beach FL
Re: Um... [Re: collegemom]
      #31925 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:43 PM

With a house in Satellite Beach, yep!!

Chopper Dave
Unregistered

Broward County [Re: dwlobo]
      #31926 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:43 PM

Hey everyone, I'm in Central Broward County (Coral Springs), and I'm just curious as to what the potential effects could be. Is there a good chance we'll get hurricane conditions here? What are the chances that this is just a wobble north and it could still hit further south than they think?

Thanks in advance,
Chopper Dave

Lonny307
Unregistered

Re: Broward County [Re: Chopper Dave]
      #31927 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:50 PM

Looks like it was only a wobble and it's still heading west. I think some of the bands in coral srings as well as me in Hollywood could have hurricane force winds in some bands. I doubt sustain winds though. Visible sat. looks like a direct hit on Lake Okeechobee but that could change. Don't see it jogging south anymore maybe more north.

Chopper Dave
Unregistered

Re: Broward County [Re: Lonny307]
      #31929 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:54 PM

Quote:

Looks like it was only a wobble and it's still heading west. I think some of the bands in coral srings as well as me in Hollywood could have hurricane force winds in some bands. I doubt sustain winds though. Visible sat. looks like a direct hit on Lake Okeechobee but that could change. Don't see it jogging south anymore maybe more north.

Thanks.

PFSThunder
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Charleston, SC
Re: Broward County [Re: Chopper Dave]
      #31930 - Sat Sep 25 2004 06:57 PM

The eye is wobbling but still on a 270 (W) heading. Looks oblong in shape as it is wrapping some dry air in by looking at the IR Floater. Boilers leading 31-23 over IL

--------------------
Go Boilermakers

carol_melbourne
Unregistered

Re: Latest WV [Re: clyde w.]
      #31931 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:02 PM

Unlike during Frances, the shelters here aren't full yet. So if someone wants to get off the island and stay somewhere for free, now would be a good time to make a move. Wind gusts are definitely picking up now though not much rain yet.

Grasshopper

Reged:
Loc: Tarpon Springs, FL
Re: Broward County [Re: Lonny307]
      #31932 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:04 PM

That would make it bad news for us on the west coast, right? I live about a mile (work about a1/2 mile) from the coast, right @ the Pinellas / Pasco county line. Should I expect conditions simmilar to Frances?

Thank You.

Matt

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
Re: Broward County [Re: Grasshopper]
      #31933 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:09 PM

Quote:

Interesting. The HIRT tahoe, sponsored by Lowe's is at Home Depot on International in Daytona Beach now.

They must have got spooked by their experience with Ivan

2PM to 3PM due west movement, along 27.0N Winds here in Ormond are 26mph w/gusts to 33mph. At least the Gators weren't cheated by the refs today. Dolphins game has been rescheduled for Sunday night at 8:30PM.

Tom Terry on Channel 9 out of Orlando showed the NHC track from a few days ago with that straight NW movement from the Bahamas to Vero Beach. Showed that Jeanne was already south of the line, and that it would probably not track in a straight line but more of a rounded L shape.

--------------------
Check the Surf

Edited by AgentB (Sat Sep 25 2004 07:12 PM)

gailwarning
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Satellite Beach FL
Re: Latest WV [Re: Lonny307]
      #31934 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

I can't speak for beachside residents, the ones under mandatory evac, but almost none of my neighbors that left for Frances have left this time. So the lack of congested roads may be because people who live somewhat inland aren't going anywhere this time. I certainly hope the people in evac areas aren't planning to ride this one out.

One of my beachside neighbors evacuated to Tampa during Frances but is staying with friends on the mainland in Melbourne this time. I hope part of the lack of crowds is that people still have stuff from Frances. We left the boards up and neighbors left some up but had the rest in storage.

Redbird
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Central Florida
Re: kids [Re: AgentB]
      #31935 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:14 PM

Anyone have this problem with school age kids who just have to kick started to do anything in regards to getting ready for emergencies like this? I am at wits end right now as I have been busting my butt on home chores and others have to be constantly reminded to get laundry done like our exchange student..................this crap happened during Frances as well............now they are "vacuuming with my expensive equipment and not good sounds are coming out right now. I have no other place to vent this frustration and it is only going to get worse......................thanks for reading............

FelixPuntaGorda
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Punta Gorda, FL
Re: Track moved to the left... [Re: nandav]
      #31936 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:16 PM

<<Charlotte County Office of Emergency Management recommends the voluntary evacuation of persons living in travel trailers and in manufactured homes.>>

The above notice is posted on the Charlotte County website. Charlotte County Emergency Bulletins

Justin in Miami
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Landfall Area? [Re: Redbird]
      #31937 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:17 PM

Looks like it will be a Stuart-Ft. Pierce landfall area....pressure is steadly falling at my house....Bryan Norcross just reported that hurricane hunters say the wind field is expanding north and south....anticipating the 5pm advisory.

FelixPuntaGorda
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Punta Gorda, FL
Re: kids [Re: Redbird]
      #31938 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:20 PM

Redbird, you could try setting a timer & making it a contest to see who can get "job X" finished first, or whatever. This can work with teens as well as younger ones. Thank goodness my sons are grown & gone!

Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Parrish Fl
Re: kids [Re: Redbird]
      #31939 - Sat Sep 25 2004 07:21 PM

I can relate!!! Ive got a 3 yr old and a 9 yr old. Its tough sometimes. My husband owns a tree removal/ trimming service and its never ever been this busy! He hasnt been getting in until 9:00 everynight. Every body and their brother needs tree work done right now. Hes got 2 crews going now and is buried in trying to keep up. Hang in there winters coming!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 64648

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center