F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 201 (Idalia) , Major: 201 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 201 (Idalia) Major: 201 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
kelcot
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Loc: Canton, Ga
Re: Any flooded septic tank pros here? [Re: kelcot]
      #32932 - Mon Sep 27 2004 01:01 AM

One more question..........
The other day, there was a rather large something or other hanging out right behind Lisa. Is it still there? (I don't have java, have a hard time getting it to install correctly, so I can't access all of the sat links that ya'll can)

--------------------
Kelly

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ShanaTX
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Texas
Re: Any flooded septic tank pros here? [Re: kelcot]
      #32933 - Mon Sep 27 2004 01:02 AM

Non scientific answer ...Lisa ate it. Or it ate Lisa and the NHC still called it Lisa. Can't remember which...

danielwAdministrator

Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Java [Re: kelcot]
      #32934 - Mon Sep 27 2004 01:09 AM

Kelcot, I believe you are refering to "The depression formally known as TD10". It was absorbed/ merged/ vacumned up by then Hurricane Lisa, and is no longer in existance.
In reference to your Java. I think you and Shana don't need any more caffiene.
Actually ( Knock on wood ) there isn't anything outstanding in the Atlantic Basin.
The remains of Ivan part deuce, and Tropical Storm Jeanne are all I see on the quick WV shot.
Been a while since there were 2 tropical systems over the South at one time. Hope It Doesn't Happen Again!!
Shana beat me to it again, except in other words.

Edited by danielw (Mon Sep 27 2004 01:13 AM)

ShanaTX
Storm Tracker

Re: Java [Re: danielw]
      #32935 - Mon Sep 27 2004 01:15 AM

Snicker. Been 14+ hours since i've had any Java. Good thing for you huh? Feel tag teamed? LOL.

It's really nice to see nothing looming over us out in the ocean. You know, earlier this year I read an article online (and need to find it) and it was talking about how the really dry winters/springs in Florida resulted in bad hurricanes later that year in FL. Well, not the dryness itself, but the conditions that lead to the dryness.

What pops out in my mind is that they meantioned this year being 3rd dryest, with the two ahead being 1935 and 1992. I really need to find that article!

'shana

kelcot
Weather Guru

Loc: Canton, Ga
      #32936 - Mon Sep 27 2004 01:18 AM

Thank you both for the info......
I have to go to sleep now. I can't see straight anymore..........
Maybe they'll be sweet dreams since you see no activity in the Basin.
I'll let ya'll know how the family members in Vero are as soon as I know. I'll also post pictures of the damage as soon as I get them.

--------------------
Kelly

danielwAdministrator

Re: Java [Re: kelcot]
      #32937 - Mon Sep 27 2004 01:23 AM

Good news.
FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

THE National Hurricane Center IS ISSUING ADVISORIES ON TROPICAL
STORM JEANNE...LOCATED ABOUT 35 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF GAINESVILLE
FLORIDA...AND ON TROPICAL STORM LISA...LOCATED ABOUT 1045 MILES
EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE LESSER ANTILLES.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL STORM FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED THROUGH
TUESDAY.

FORECASTER STEWART

ShanaTX
Storm Tracker

#32938 - Mon Sep 27 2004 01:25 AM

Yippee!

And I'd be interested in seeing the photos...

Guess I'll crash too.. big day at the dentist tomorrow...

Stay safe ya'll!

'shana

danielwAdministrator

Re: Jeanne Radar [Re: ShanaTX]
      #32939 - Mon Sep 27 2004 02:05 AM

For those of you that are Still wondering where Jeanne is going.
As of 2:10AM EDT, The western edge of Jeanne has crossed into Bay, Washington and Jackson Counties in the FL Panhandle.
By rough calculation, the western edge has moved westward about 22 miles in 2:20. Or about 10mph.
The northern edge of Jeanne has moved in to Dooly, Pulaski, and Dodge Counties in GA. The northern edge moved northward around 18 miles in the same time frame.

This link may help you out. It's the Nexrad at Panama City/ Eglin AFB, FL. Just loop the 0.5 BASE REFLECTIVITY product.
*warning it's very wide**
http://weather.cod.edu/analysis/paulradar.pl?EVX

Edited by danielw (Mon Sep 27 2004 02:49 AM)

Bev
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL and Abaco, ...
      #32940 - Mon Sep 27 2004 02:56 AM

Quote:

Been a while since there were 2 tropical systems over the South at one time. Hope It Doesn't Happen Again!!
Shana beat me to it again, except in other words.

Actually it's been a while since there WEREN'T two tropical systems over the South at one time. Seems like a new one every single weekend.

Hi to all out there. Bradenton made it through. We came within a few short feet of having water in our downstairs, the surge was awesomely frightening. Whitecaps in the mangroves across the street and then into the street, and there it stopped... just a flat 30 feet from the front door. The debris line is thick in the road and consists of mostly garbage rather than natural debris. Who knew there were so many beer bottles on the bottom of the bay? Anyway, it's quite clean now. We lost the gutters and some of the front soffit, but we were blessed with little damage.

Only 50k people without electric tonight in Manatee Co. Better than expected. A few missing roofs, lots of shattered signs, Palma Sola Bay area homes, a few with water in the downstairs. Other than that all seems mostly well. The econo lodge on Anna Maria lost her roof. Tourists okay tho.

I'm still here!
-Bev

>> Hurricane Magnet <<

Bev
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL and Abaco, ...
Re: The Little Kelley..... [Re: wxman007]
      #32941 - Mon Sep 27 2004 03:04 AM

Congratulations Jason! And thanks for all your wonderful contributions to the board! I for one, value your opinion and enjoy your good explanations.

Thanks and great big congrats!!!
-Bev

>>Hurricane Magnet<<

danielwAdministrator

Re: Systems [Re: Bev]
      #32942 - Mon Sep 27 2004 03:24 AM

Bev, glad to hear it stopped short of the house.
The reference to the two systems at once, was to the remains of Ivan part deuce, and TS Jeanne, both being captured on the same satellite shot, over the Southern U.S.
We had 4 systems on a satellite shot, more than once last week. Bu thankfully they were over water at that time.

From the latest Atlantic Tropical Weather Discussion.
TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION...COR
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
205 AM EDT MON 27 SEP 2004
*TROPICAL STORM JEANNE CENTER AT 27/0600 UTC NEAR 30.1N 83.3W OR ABOUT 50 MILES SOUTH OF VALDOSTA GEORGIA. IT IS MOVING NORTH 12 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WIND SPEED HAS DECREASED TO 45 KT WITH GUSTS TO 60 KT. ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 978 MB.
TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 175 MILES FROM THE CENTER.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS FROM THE FLORIDA/ GEORGIA BORDER FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 81W AND 84W. LOW TO BROKEN CLOUDS WAY AT THE PERIPHERY OF JEANNE COVER THE GULF WATERS FROM 24N TO 30N BETWEEN 78W IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN AND 91W

*TROPICAL WAVE ALONG 36W/37W SOUTH OF 20N MOVING MOVING WEST 10-15 KT. A WEAK 1010 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS NEAR 15N ALONG THE WAVE. IT IS MOVING TOWARD T.S. LISA.
*THE GULF OF MEXICO...
MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER IN WEST TEXAS/SOUTHERN NEW MEXICO. CYCLONIC FLOW WITH THIS CENTER COVERS NORTHERN MEXICO NORTH OF 25N108W 26N103W 28N100W. BROAD UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC FLOW COVERS THE REST OF MEXICO AND THE GULF WATERS WEST OF 90W. MIDDLE LEVEL TROUGH...EMBEDDED IN MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL DRY AIR...COVERS MUCH OF THE REST OF THE GULF WATERS EAST OF 90W...EXCEPT FOR THE EXTREME NORTHEASTERN CORNER OF THE GULF...STILL WITH THE UPPER LEVEL ANTICYCLONIC OUTFLOW FROM T.S. JEANNE. SURFACE TROUGH...POSSIBLY DISSIPATING WITH TIME...IN SOUTHWESTERN CORNER. ISOLATED MODERATE SHOWERS HAD BEEN NEAR THIS TROUGH...DISSIPATING WITH TIME.

ZooKeeper
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Tue
Loc: Live in Chiefland & work in Ce...
Re: Checking in [Re: danielw]
      #32943 - Mon Sep 27 2004 05:25 AM

Checking in from the Cedar Key/Chiefland area, we're still in the process of clearing out the south side of Jeanne. Intermittant rain with steady winds and decent gusts. Been extremely luck in our area and never lost power. Had a couple of quiet hours until about 3am when the south side started kicking in and it's been ongoing since. Hope this clears though fast...my husband has to rise and shine in about 40 minutes and fight it to work...got some cows that need tending to.

--------------------
The storm that began a lifelong facination: Donna 1960 (Eyewall)

danielwAdministrator

Re: Jeanne Update [Re: ZooKeeper]
      #32944 - Mon Sep 27 2004 05:37 AM

TROPICAL STORM JEANNE ADVISORY NUMBER 55
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
5 AM EDT MON SEP 27 2004

...TROPICAL STORM WARNING EXTENDED NORTHWARD...

AT 5 AM EDT...0900Z...THE TROPICAL STORM WARNING ON THE ATLANTIC COAST IS DISCONTINUED SOUTH OF FLAGLER BEACH FLORIDA...AND EXTENDED NORTHWARD TO SOUTH SANTEE RIVER SOUTH CAROLINA. A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM FLAGLER BEACH TO SOUTH SANTEE RIVER.

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT ON THE GULF COAST FROM ANCLOTE KEY TO APALACHICOLA FLORIDA.

AT 5 AM EDT...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM JEANNE WAS LOCATED OVER NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA NEAR LATITUDE 30.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 83.6 WEST OR ABOUT 40 MILES...EAST OF TALLAHASSEE.

JEANNE IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST NEAR 12 MPH. A TURN TO THE NORTH-NORTHEAST IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. JEANNE IS EXPECTED TO WEAKEN TO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION BY LATE TODAY.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 200 MILES FROM THE CENTER...MAINLY OVER THE WATERS OF THE GULF OF MEXICO AND THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.
http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/RAD_HUR/animauto.html

Edited by danielw (Mon Sep 27 2004 05:47 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 113418

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center