Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Azores #96L fails to complete transition into a Sub-Tropical Storm. Elsewhere, weak low pressure in Caribbean may linger into next week.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 47 (Nate) , Major: 65 (Maria) Florida - Any: 74 (Irma) Major: 74 (Irma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives >> 2004 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Sean2
Unregistered

Something new?
      #33852 - Sun Oct 10 2004 08:44 AM

is there something in BOC or the tip of yuctan of mexico..... that looks to be more impressive than "sub-nicole/and Matthew" at this point....is it otto?

Edited by Ed Dunham (Sun Oct 10 2004 09:24 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HumanCookie
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Fri
Re: Something new? [Re: Sean2]
      #33853 - Sun Oct 10 2004 08:47 AM

Yes, and another one above Puerto Rico.

Sean2
Unregistered

Re: Something new? [Re: HumanCookie]
      #33854 - Sun Oct 10 2004 08:52 AM

interesting that NOGAPS is showing another "system" in the GOM in a few days.... must be another hybrid system

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged: Thu
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Something new? [Re: Sean2]
      #33855 - Sun Oct 10 2004 09:05 AM

I wouldn't jump the gun and say that, by then it should be some type of mid-latitude cyclone, we're getting to the end of the line. Nicole will probably make the trasition to tropical, she has air wrapping around her center, this will cause frictional heating, warm this storm up. It also has many subtropical characteristics such as a cold-core, convection to one side and the strongest winds not by the center but far away. I heard there was sustained winds at 43 mph yesterday at Bremuda, then how does the Recon only find 45 mph winds, I mean the storm is obviously strengthening don't you think they should raise it more then 3 mph's, or unless they're very picky about what they want their named to storms to be.

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5639

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center