F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 201 (Idalia) , Major: 201 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 201 (Idalia) Major: 201 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)
B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: feeder bands [Re: Ron Basso]
      #40729 - Sat Jul 09 2005 11:48 AM

The action moving to north east over Florida might be moving a liittle to quickly for Super Cell developement. Big thunder blasters for sure......Weatherchef

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: feeder bands [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #40732 - Sat Jul 09 2005 11:50 AM

I meant to say north west over Florida...Sorry......Weatherchef

Storm Hunter
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Wed
Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl.
Re: feeder bands [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #40733 - Sat Jul 09 2005 11:51 AM

here's the eye peaking out

http://hadar.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/data/rmtcrso/134.jpg

--------------------
www.Stormhunter7.com ***see my flight into Hurricane Ike ***
Wx Data: KFLPANAM23 / CW8771
2012== 23/10/9/5 sys/strms/hurr/majh

Ron Basso
Storm Tracker

Reged: Thu
Loc: hernando beach, FL
Re: Dennis's Motion [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #40736 - Sat Jul 09 2005 11:53 AM

After a slow west drift this morning, Dennis now appears to be moving N-NW...I'm wondering if we're seeing a stair-step motion or a true change in direction from NW to N-NW?

--------------------
RJB

Storm Hunter
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Wed
Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl.
Re: Dennis's Motion [Re: Ron Basso]
      #40737 - Sat Jul 09 2005 11:59 AM

nasty squall line fixing to come through here in PCB from east...lots of thunder... moving pretty fast too.... got the cam ready

--------------------
www.Stormhunter7.com ***see my flight into Hurricane Ike ***
Wx Data: KFLPANAM23 / CW8771
2012== 23/10/9/5 sys/strms/hurr/majh

Colleen A.

Loc: Florida
Re: models and probabilities [Re: adogg76]
      #40739 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:02 PM

Interesting topic in the NHC 11:00 Advisory:

THE INITIAL MOTION ESTIMATE IS 320/12. UPPER-AIR DATA AT 06Z AND ESPECIALLY AT 12Z...ALONG WITH WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...INDICATE THE MID- TO UPPER-LEVEL LOW OVER THE EXTREME NORTHWESTERN GULF JUST
SOUTH OF LOUISIANA IS A LITTLE STRONGER THAN AND LARGER THAN ANY OF THE MODELS WERE INDICATING AT 00Z AND 06Z. THE NOGAPS MODEL DID NOT CAPTURE THIS FEATURE AT ALL...AND IT AND THE GFDN MODELS ARE THE
ONLY MODELS THAT TAKE Dennis TOWARD SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA. IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME IF THE 12Z MODELS SHIFT SLIGHTLY TO THE RIGHT
GIVEN THAT THE LOW IS STRONGER THAN PREVIOUSLY FORECAST...AND THAT THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS HAS CONTINUED TO SHIFT NORTHWARD AND IS
NOW LOCATED ACROSS SOUTHEASTERN GEORGIA TO WESTERN TENNESSEE. THE OFFICIAL FORECAST IS JUST AN EXTENSION OF THE PREVIOUS TRACK.

The funny think about that is that at 11:00am, Dr. Steve Lyons said that the trough and the ridge are causing a squeeze on Dennis...with the HP ridge building back in and the trough digging deeper, resulting in Dennis being the monkey in the middle. He did not believe that the environment further north in the Gulf were conducive to much more intensification because of this "squeeze play".
So, maybe the jogs to the north we are seeing is because the models didn't pick up on the strength of the trough (which is what I have said many times and got berated for! ) and it will trek a bit further east. That being said, I would definitely not expect any kind of dramatic turn to the right with Dennis. The only thing that will happen, perhaps, is to make the weather here a little worse than it's already forecasted to be.
Speaking of our weather: we had some squalls last night, mostly rain, but at about 9:00am, the winds had really picked up here and they woke me up! We've had a lull the last couple of hours, but from looking at the radar, I expect that to change shortly.
So far, so good. I just pray for the people who will be taking the brunt of this hurricane that it will not reintensify too much. Also want you to know that our family has you in its thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
the fun never stops [Re: Storm Hunter]
      #40740 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:03 PM

98L is up on the wave halfway btw africa and the antilles. the NRL vis shows a near-circular surface low with convection to the west, easterly shear keeping it on that side. it's near 10.5/37.5. shear and SSTs just above threshold should keep it's strengthening rate slow, but its development during the next 3 days is looking more likely.
HF 1703z09july

susieq
Weather Watcher

Reged: Fri
Loc: Panhandle
Re: the fun never stops [Re: HanKFranK]
      #40741 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:12 PM

Does this http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-wv-loop.html make you think it's intensifying?

Hunkering down in Gulf Breeze....

--------------------
Gulf Breeze girl still not over Ivan

jr928
Weather Guru

Re: the fun never stops [Re: susieq]
      #40744 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:19 PM

IMHO only,

the low and trough appear to be splattering by the outflow of Dennis and it will go further west than pensacola as it is winning the squeeze play. biloxi look out

cjgsav

Loc: Naples, FL
Re: the fun never stops [Re: HanKFranK]
      #40745 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:21 PM

Could you please tell me where you find images or data on the wave you metioned in your post?

Thank you...

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
New Main Page Article [Re: cjgsav]
      #40746 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:28 PM

Mike has started a new article - time to move your new posts to the new article.
Cheers,
ED

susieq
Weather Watcher

Loc: Panhandle
Re: New Main Page Article [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #40747 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:33 PM

Where? I don't see it.

--------------------
Gulf Breeze girl still not over Ivan

BeachBum
Weather Watcher

Reged: Tue
Loc: The Space Coast
Re: models and probabilities [Re: adogg76]
      #40755 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

... if someone asks if they should be driving down 95 set for O-town with all the family in tow.......I say.....wait for the Tornado Watch to expire.....

Why not come down I-95 and get through the nasty weather faster than staying in NC.?

--------------------
From Brevard's Barrier Island
28°08'56"N; 80°35'11"W

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 361 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 74364

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center