F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: fl
Re: eyewall behavior [Re: Londovir]
      #41630 - Sun Jul 10 2005 04:57 PM

Well looks like I might have my first blown forecast of the season with my landfall within 50 miles of Panama City. Only way it wouldnt happen is a direct N turn now and head maybe even slightly NNE. Anyways I expected a north turn more earlier, and it actually did look like it last night but was only a wobble. Looks like Ill miss my spot by 25-50 miles. Not bad but ill take the miss on landfall.
Hopefully everyone from Mobile-Panama City is indoors now and ready for this severe hurricane.
On a side note....Dennis's child should become our next depression late today or more likely tomorrow and threaten the Leeward islands Weds, Puerto Rico by thurs and Bahamas by the weekend.,.,,,US? too far out to tell.

scottsvb

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BobVee
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: vortex msg [Re: Pensacola101]
      #41631 - Sun Jul 10 2005 04:57 PM

Good luck to you and everyone up there. I cannot be there with you in person but will be there in spirit.

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Twin Cities
webcam [Re: Pensacola101]
      #41632 - Sun Jul 10 2005 04:59 PM

Looks like http://hurricanetrack.com/ is up...but there isn't any discernable image, and he is saying that the pressure may not register.

But at least it looks like it will give wind speed and direction.

Looks like he took the barrier island road east as far as he could go past Gulf Shores, the tower is on Perdido Key which is a barrier island just south of the entrance to the bay.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

bn765
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: eyewall behavior [Re: scottsvb]
      #41633 - Sun Jul 10 2005 04:59 PM

Do you have any guesses on how strong this one will be?

LizL
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: St Cloud, Fl
Re: eyewall behavior [Re: bn765]
      #41634 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:02 PM

the guy on channel 9 news in Orlando said the pressure is at 930 lower than Ivans was when he come ashore.

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: fl
      #41635 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:02 PM

The next storm will be a small compacted system. Like Charlie last year. There is no reason right now where we cant see this becoming a hurricane in the next 4-5 days. Right now, we dont know.

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Pasco Beach [Re: kissy]
      #41636 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:03 PM

Hey Kissy looks like MS coast is in the clear. You will get tropical force winds and rain but will be spared the intense center of the storm, which looks to make an AL/FL landfall.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Edited by Margie (Sun Jul 10 2005 05:07 PM)

cjzydeco
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Sebastian, FL
Fl County Maps [Re: Pensacola101]
      #41637 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:03 PM

Anybody have a good link to share with detailed or interactive (zoom) county maps of Escambia/Santa Rosa area?

AdvAutoBob
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Re: webcam [Re: Margie]
      #41638 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:03 PM

Image is extremely hard to see.. Are they still working on the tower, or have they left the area?

--------------------
"Chance favors the prepared mind"

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #41639 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:07 PM

Quote:

Do you have any guesses on how strong this one will be?

adv 25a just came out - winds droped to 135pmg and pressure went up from 937 to 939. Somewhere like strong CAT 3 weak CAT 4.

--------------------

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: eyewall behavior [Re: Margie]
      #41641 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:15 PM

What is happening to the eye in this most recent frame? Satellite IR and water vapor imagery it still looks intact, but in the radar it looks like it is breaking up to the south?

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p19r0/si.kmob.shtml

--------------------

AndyG
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Bradenton, FL
      #41642 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:16 PM

Looks like a jog to the N maybe?

firestar_1
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL, 26.98N 82....
      #41643 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:18 PM

After looking at the water vapor loops, surface pressures, and current radar views it is looking like the eye is rounding out again and it is moving into a position to come onshore to the west of Pensacola...the only questions now is will it move west or east as it makes contact with land...cat3/4 at land fall, but at least a smaller eye...prayers for all in the path...stay safe....

--------------------
Stay Aware...Stay Alert....Stay Alive.....

Sadie
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Arcadia, FL
Re: Direction [Re: LadyStorm]
      #41644 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

From the 3 hurricanes I have gone through I would say going through them in the day hours in less scarey than having them happen at night. I like to know what is happening, I hate being left in the dark (pun not intended)

MaryAnn
Quote:

From experience Keith... I would much rather go through a daytime hurricane than a nighttime one. But perhaps this is a thing of personal preference. It sucks either way... but at least you know what is going on in the day. I guess it doesn’t matter in the bathroom closet.

Know what you mean, they ARE scarier at night. But then again after watching whole oak trees fly by during Charley, maybe being in the dark isn't so bad after all.

My prayers are continuous for those of you in harms way. Favorite aftermath trick -- use your washing machine as an ice bucket. God bless and protect you.

--------------------
"...Grandmother the Earth. That power is here all the time. It is continuous, and nobody controls it." Wallace Black Elk, Lakota

Edited by Sadie (Sun Jul 10 2005 05:21 PM)

Ron Basso
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: hernando beach, FL
      #41645 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:22 PM

You may make your forecast yet. The last hour of radar loop shows the storm moving..can u believe it...maybe an ever so slight N-NE direction. If this trend continues, P'cola may be spared the worst.

--------------------
RJB

WeatherNLU
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc: New Orleans, LA
Re: eyewall behavior [Re: AndyG]
      #41646 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:22 PM

Defintely a jog to the north and if it contiunes for more than a half hour it's going to make landfall east of Pensacola. I feel so bad for those of you over there who went through Ivan and are now going through Dennis.

It's hard to believe your bad luck and our good luck here in New Orleans.

--------------------
I survived Hurricane Katrina, but nothing I owned did!

msmith43
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: South Tampa
      #41647 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:23 PM

It's a real shame about your forecasting prowess. I'm more concerned about those who will lose their homes and businesses. Your record isn't a great loss.

jr928
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: eyewall behavior [Re: msmith43]
      #41649 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:27 PM

that jog north actually looks northeast jog

no, that just isn't right. -HF

Edited by HanKFranK (Sun Jul 10 2005 06:00 PM)

firestar_1
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL, 26.98N 82....
Re: eyewall behavior [Re: WeatherNLU]
      #41650 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:29 PM

The latest radar is wild...it looks like it is starting to hook to the east...this would make things alot better for pcola....looks like it is starting to feel the land now...

--------------------
Stay Aware...Stay Alert....Stay Alive.....

Jeffmidtown
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Atlanta, Ga
Re: eyewall behavior [Re: jr928]
      #41651 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:30 PM

I was watching TWC and the satellite run definately did show a right leaning turn to me.

--------------------
You know it's a bad day.....when you wake up and see Jim Cantore and Geraldo Rivera broadcasting from your backyard....literally!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 94726

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center