F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 201 (Idalia) , Major: 201 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 201 (Idalia) Major: 201 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
meto
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Re: Tropical Bloom. Isidore, Kyle, TD#13
      #4789 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:32 PM

meant in front of trof.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
KyleinPensacola
Unregistered

Re: Kyle
      #4790 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:34 PM

Thanks for the information. According to what he said i think i will stock up an prepare just in case. but what he says makes sense to me. Still i'll keep checking in everynow an then to keep informed. thanks again

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Meto
      #4791 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:35 PM

Are you wanting this to come to you? You can have it. I thought I was the one who wanted these things so bad...ha,ha,ha! Anything over a Cat. 1 and it can go somewhere else...... hopefully in a non-populated area somewhere. I still don't see this going all the way back to Florida.

meto
Weather Guru

#4792 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:42 PM

no, if youd listen ive said before i dont want this thing to hit any populated area, i was explaning to him what direction the wind is in front of a trof.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Meto
      #4793 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:44 PM

newest guidance shows texas out of the woods. A more N gulf to florida.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4794 - Sun Sep 22 2002 12:55 PM

were is this new data at please post

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: Meto
      #4795 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:13 PM

meto, i can promise you this thing isnt coming back to central florida. youve been calling it to turn north, northeast, and now east northeast to get it to you.. eventually youll be calling due east and southeast too i guess.
other day i shifted my strike zone over from morgan city to fort walton. have the feeling i may be sliding it west some more. not ready to sucker up to the latest guidance just yet.. but yeah, im sure that question this morning about people betting it wouldnt cross certain longitude lines was directed mostly at me.. it was my choice of words. what can i say, its headed that way. Opal came up from over at 93w.. so that sort of defines the limit of how far west i think it can go and still come back to hit the central gulf coast.
heres the rehash of what i was pondering yesterday morning.. im back to it. system sort of dances along the yucatan coast.. perhaps even does what bastardi describes. for the life of me i still think that rebuilt ridging to the east will give the storm a northerly component... which would lead to a phasing ahead of the large shortwave late this week. system will probably be weaker than this morning. heights are already rising southeast of izzy, so thinking the turn on NHC official on tuesday is probably about right.
by the way.. 934mb? 122kt flight level winds? d6.5? category 3? its like one of those test questions, choose which of the above does not belong.
kyle.. more of a push now on some models to kick kyle westward, starting maybe tomorrow. interesting that some retrograde the big east atlantic trough back a few degrees and turn kyle into it. i dont think that will happen. by the way, when are they going to drop the stupid subtrop thing? should have been switched over when the deep convection CDO attempt formed yesterday.
td13.. ahh. its racing. when formative that was one of the ideas i presented.. but then discarded when guidance made it a hurricane.. and the ridging aloft was visible. but this morning, its decided to go streaking. might kill itself after all. not quite fifty fifty as a slowdown is forecast, but pretty good chance that lili will be waiting. if/when this thing gets organized the track will be south of puerto rico.
the d-rated wave/low out near the cape verdes is moving slowly with an upper trough ahead. NHC outlook maps have a possible tropical cyclone on them for this system. but right now, doubt it can develop.
the upper low/surface trough east of florida, which has kept isidore from recurving, is probably peaking out its cycle. around tuesday perhaps something will attempt to form in the large area of disturbed weather around it.
long long post finished. yeah, i know ive blown it so far on isidore, in the long run. but theres still evidence to support it coming up in the middle of the gulf.. looks best to me. thats what ill go with.
have to say though, the mexico option looks really easy from here.
HF 1516z22september

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4796 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:18 PM

were is the data saying it will head back n/e you said it was new were is it or is this a wish cast

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4797 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:29 PM

what time will new model up dates come out

meto
Weather Guru

#4798 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:32 PM

hey, it could go northeast you dont know that it wont, i never said east ese. ive been thru hurricanes ok. so chill..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4799 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:40 PM

meto look at w/v loop at texas that short wave looks to be digging south fast and geting big this could turn him n/e or run him south if it dont dry air is with it he may be at his peak if he dont get moving thats just my gess looks like it could happen

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
meto
      #4800 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:48 PM

will probably go ne eventually. just not tampa or wherever you live and keep mentioning it could go. perhaps you should explore other possibilities?
ive been through hurricanes too my man. doesnt that make me feel special?
HF 1744z22september

NE4XT
Unregistered

Re: TD#13 needs to hit the brakes soon (probably will)
      #4801 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:50 PM

Has anybody checked this sat. pic out? (http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=StormCenter&prodgrp=FloaterImagery&product=Float2Loop&prodnav=none&pid=none)What exactly is that major blob to the east of Isadore ? Could it become an entity on its own and travel up the Florida coast? One of the models last week ( I forget which one) showed something like this happening. Any thoughts?

Thanks Bill Titusville

meto
Weather Guru

#4802 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:54 PM

you should rethink yours.

Kimster
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sun
Loc: Dunedin, FL
      #4803 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:58 PM

Hey Billl,

I have been watching and wondering about that area too. Alhough it stil seems to be part of Izzy.

K

turkeyman
Unregistered

Da battries
      #4804 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:03 PM

I don't want to see any long lines at the store for batteries. Everybody has had plenty of time, now that Isidore is in the Gulf.

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
AREA EAST OF ISIDORE
      #4808 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:21 PM

HUGE CONVECTION COVERS THE NW CARIBBEAN SOUTH
OF WESTERN CUBA...APPARENTLY MORE THAN JUST BANDING ASSOCIATED WITH
ISIDORE. 8 AM SHIP OBS AND GRAND CAYMAN OB (SE G30 KT PRES 1006 MB) HINTS AT TROUGHING OVER THE AREA.

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4815 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:58 PM

Has anyone Checked the pimple forming in TD#13 Convection, and WV showing lots of organ. What is the pressure there?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: **
Topic views: 34186

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center