F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 232 (Idalia) , Major: 232 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 232 (Idalia) Major: 232 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged: Mon
Re: Don't look now but... [Re: Unregistered User]
      #48379 - Fri Aug 19 2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

what do u no you not a pro. you probily a red soxs fan
wut do u know, not much cuz you are bandwagon. go post your stupid sports loyalty somewhere else. we do hurricanes here, sucka. -HF

Anyone who posts under a different non regestered name instead of there own should be ashamed at thereselfs.Sad when someone who i am pretty sure has a main ID but wants to post junk under a non regestered name.

Log on to your main name then ill respect your comments.Or at least talk about the hurricane season which is the way i like ti nice and slow.

========================================================

yawn don't go into the fire unless you can take the heat.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ralphfl
Weather Master

Re: Don't look now but... [Re: ralphfl]
      #48380 - Fri Aug 19 2005 09:55 PM

i get more upset with the posts that say Finally something coming off africa that may hold.

That is people who want storms to form and when they do they affect someone in someway even if its a fish it does go somewhere and causes grief.

So i do get offended when someone posts a stupid remark like FINALLY something coming off africa.Even more the fans of teams i dislike.

=========================================================

Best movie Anger Management...Red Soxs fans who seen the movie know why!!

no more sports baiting, ralph. did i stutter?

Edited by HanKFranK (Fri Aug 19 2005 10:07 PM)

Big Red Machine
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Polk City, FL
Re: Don't look now but... [Re: HanKFranK]
      #48381 - Fri Aug 19 2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

sports affiliations do not matter when it comes to hurricanes. believe it or not, a hurricane will deliver punishment to you regardless of whether you are a bandwagon yankees fan or a bandwagon red sox fan. or a half drunk dumb redneck braves aficionado like me. now, if you're a good samaritan who sympathizes with hapless teams like the royals or rockies you may be immune to this fact. or not. i think God will be merciful upon the big red machine. heheh.
it's a dumb cliche... the topic is tropic.. it really is, but it's true in CFHC territory. quit whining about somebody who made you feel insecure because they insulted your sports team. last time i checked this is not the central florida red sox haters center. hurricanes are our business. bring it.
HF 0145z20august

That's right , bandwagon... the word that's never used to describe Reds fans. Long suffering? Yes, that's frequently used. Bandwagon, not unless there's a Reds fan saying... they blew the lead again?? Somebody run over me with a band wagon.

In fact, I don't even put up plywood anymore. If a storm threatens, I just hang up a big Reds banner. Sometimes I even hang a Bengals banner next to it for good measure.

Ryan
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
Re: Don't look now but... [Re: Big Red Machine]
      #48382 - Fri Aug 19 2005 10:19 PM

lol big red machine..what do you think since they feel bad the hurricane will say aahhh give the guy who likes the bad sports teams a break..lol funnyy stuff

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

native
Weather Guru

Loc: SE Florida
Re: Don't look now but... [Re: Big Red Machine]
      #48387 - Fri Aug 19 2005 10:55 PM

Way too much testosterone in the threads guys....chill out & let's keep it on topic...which is tropic. Thanks HF for trying to put a kabosh on it....

When I think of XTD 10 and the persistancy of it to hang onto life (similar traits to others before it this year) it's unbelievable. Like they say...:it must be something in the water." I'm sorry but, I don't rememer (translation: I'm too lazy) as to who posted their concerns with XTD 10 remnants or whatever it may be/become entering the GOM...I saw a stat yesterday the the SST off of Tampa/St. Pete area was 89 degrees! Yikes...that's high octane stuff there. I'll see if I can hunt down that link again and post later. And yeah, it's weird how this thing keeps reinventing itself while we're all sleeping. You never know what you're going to wake up to...

inflworried
Unregistered

Re: Don't look now but... [Re: Ron Basso]
      #48388 - Fri Aug 19 2005 10:56 PM

Is this a closed circulation try to form for the pheonix known as x-10?

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.tjua.shtml

Ryan
Storm Tracker

Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
EPAC [Re: inflworried]
      #48389 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:10 PM

looks liek the EPAC is looking to get it's lead back..its been extremely active in the last couple of weeks..Tropical Storm Hilary is expeced to become a hurricane late saturday or early sunday, as of now, it's not expected to affect land because it is moving away from the mexican coast. We'll have to see if the activity doesnt spread into the Atlantic, thats the last thing we need.

Edit -- Ryan and all....please, can we end the baseball debate with the signatures, real or not? If you want to debate baseball here, please take it to PMs or to the "Everything & Nothing" forum. Thanks! -Clark

Votes accepted from (Wed Dec 31 1969 07:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

Edited by Clark (Fri Aug 19 2005 11:26 PM)

Floridacane
Weather Guru

Reged: Sat
Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Undramatic Pause [Re: Hootowl]
      #48390 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:11 PM

Hootowl,
You previously asked for a NAM model. I believe I found what you were looking for in my "model stash"
http://www.arl.noaa.gov/ready/animations.html

On XTD10, I'm clueless as to what it is gonna do. The models are in constant confliction* with each other. I just hope the rest of the seasons storms aren't gonna be so finicky, I'm gonna have an anxiety attack.
PS..By saying that, I am not wishcasting. I just wish we knew a little more a lot quicker.

--------------------
What's brewin' everyone?
Lori

ralphfl
Weather Master

Re: Undramatic Pause [Re: Floridacane]
      #48391 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:21 PM

I dunno i like the way it is acting.

Wish every storm the rest of the season does the same.

Even if it did develop(just for you hank)it would not develop fast and i don't think IMO it would get very far so let them all act like TD 10 did and we all will be pretty safe IMO.

Floridacane
Weather Guru

Re: Undramatic Pause [Re: ralphfl]
      #48392 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:31 PM

I guess I am just ancy from last year. I had never been through a cane before and to get 2 within such a short period wasn't how I wanted to be introduced. What I am saying is that the storms so far have been hit by a lot of negative factors and they are way to resilliant. Days ago, I wasn't giving a second thought to XTD10, It's just one big tug-o-war with Mother Nature. Yesterday, most of the models were dissolving this system, tonight they are putting through the Florida Straits, some pulling it north. What will tommorrow bring?

--------------------
What's brewin' everyone?
Lori

imnotsignedinnow
Unregistered

#48393 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:39 PM

so is this a boring season or what? im actually pretty pleasantly surprised that weve had so little threats this far into the season. were 10 days from sept and wow! not much happening. maybe we will have a quiet season.

DebbiePSL
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Saint Marys Georgia
      #48394 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:47 PM

Floridacane- I for one understand your anxiety, I was hit twice in 3 weeks so I know anything is possible with these storms.I think Mother Nature just likes to remind us she is in charge. I really don't know what will happen with TD10 we will just have to wait and see what happens

Big Red Machine
Storm Tracker

Re: Undramatic Pause [Re: imnotsignedinnow]
      #48395 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:47 PM

Boring? I'm not so sure about that. On the whole we are way above normal this year. In the past decade on average we've had 4 storms at this point in the season. This year we've had 10 systems, 9 of which were named, and 2 of which were major hurricanes!

You make the call. Is this season boring? Not by a long shot.

DebbiePSL
Weather Guru

Re: Undramatic Pause [Re: imnotsignedinnow]
      #48396 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:49 PM

I don't think it has been boring at all. We had plenty of action in July, just kinda slowed down I think more than anticipated for August. I enjoy watching the storms as they come together but it doesn't bother me in the least to see them head out to sea

DebbiePSL
Weather Guru

Re: Undramatic Pause [Re: Big Red Machine]
      #48397 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:51 PM

I agree Red and the season is just getting warmed up. I am sure we will see more action possibly even next week. Who knows the way things are going

Floridacane
Weather Guru

#48398 - Fri Aug 19 2005 11:56 PM

No way has it been boring. And yes, Mother Nature is in charge. I just want to know who upset her so much, j/k.
Any Met or anyone else could comment on this. Is there a more distinct spin back with XTD10 this evening, could it be rebuilding again?

Finally hit 100 posts and it only took 3 years. I guess I am more of a lurker than poster lol

--------------------
What's brewin' everyone?
Lori

Edited by Floridacane (Fri Aug 19 2005 11:57 PM)

pedro
Unregistered

Re: Undramatic Pause *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* [Re: HanKFranK]
      #48399 - Sat Aug 20 2005 12:00 AM

This post was sent to the Hurricane Graveyard

Big Red Machine
Storm Tracker

Re: Undramatic Pause [Re: pedro]
      #48400 - Sat Aug 20 2005 12:05 AM

I gotta say, x-TD 10 gets my award for the most resiliant system. I guess you'd almost have to call it "spunky." I'm not met, and I'm too ignorant an amateur to be able to give much of an opinion on if it it is organizing, but I am quite capable of looking at IR (any imbecile can look at colors, I guess ). After what it looked like yesterday, I'm amazed it has ANY convection at all. I can't imagine this developing into much, but just it's persistance is incredible. Perhaps the scheduled recon flight tomorrow will be justified after all. I don't forsee a depression out of this, but if 15 hours from now it's maintained some of this convection, perhaps we'll have to reexamine the possibility of it eventually attaining minimal tropical storm strength. First though it better get an LLC, and I just don't see it now. Nice convection... but no circulation=no cyclone.

IR: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

Edited by Big Red Machine (Sat Aug 20 2005 12:07 AM)

Brad in Miami
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
      #48401 - Sat Aug 20 2005 12:52 AM

Although former TD10 (if you can even call it that anymore; what was the LLC apparently raced ahead and would be much farther west if it had survived) is certainly worth keeping an eye on, the convection tonight is not indicative of any organization. There's a trough there with a wave not too far to the SE, and we're near the convective diurnal maximum, so the colors showing up on IR are not unexpected.

MikeG
Unregistered

Re: Undramatic Pause [Re: Brad in Miami]
      #48402 - Sat Aug 20 2005 01:03 AM

well the srh floater 1 is behind "x-td10"....i think its actually near 21n. 71w... and in recent imagery, there appear's to be some storms flaring up close to the area i think is worth watching....north of Dom.Rep....

in other worlds....models are still throwing up the 1st cape verde storm and moving it west...2-3 days in Atl. will see.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 27360

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center