F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 202 (Idalia) , Major: 202 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 202 (Idalia) Major: 202 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
StormKrone
Weather Watcher

Reged: Mon
Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Gov. Says to Evacuate New Orleans. [Re: WhitherWeather]
      #52630 - Tue Aug 30 2005 07:16 PM

I had heard this, and found the report on the WDSU web site.

"BATON ROUGE, La. -- With conditions in the hurricane-ravaged city of New Orleans rapidly deteriorating, Gov. Kathleen Blanco said Tuesday afternoon that people now huddled in the Superdome and other rescue centers need to be evacuated ."

As I understand it, EVERYONE is supposed to leave New Orleans. Don't know any more than that.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
errorcone

Reged: Sun
Re: Katrina Aftermath [Re: kapSt.Cloud]
      #52631 - Tue Aug 30 2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Sorry, moderators, but I read this site for current tropical weather info and all info about hurricanes and their nature. I'm with you guys wanting to keep on topic, but I had to respond to the so-called "Global Warming" postings!
Please, enough blaming of these hurricanes on "Global Warming"! Global warming has been refuted! See the following web-site... http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf42.htm
We are in an active cycle...check your history of past decades...including this one...
http://www.photolib.noaa.gov/historic/nws/images/wea00439.jpg
Also, the hurricanes of 1928 and 1935, etc.
The people that are screaming "Global Warming" are the same ones screaming a few years back about us going into a new Ice Age! Which is it?

Enough of this global warming crap.

Look, right now we *are* in a global warming trend. If you refute that you might as well believe we didn't land on the moon either.

What is up for some debate is mankinds influence on it. In the scientific community a majority of scientists with meaningfull credentials and knowledge seem to side with mankind have at least a noticeable impact on this.
What room for debate there is will take place in the scientific community. Not from some crap links in a thread or people's political bias.

So just let it go. Yes, we're getting warmer. Yes, there is reason for concern. No, it's not concrete. And if you're not qualified to do the research just don't bother posting about it in a thread that doesn't need it.

There is a serious situation along the Gulf Coast and there's time afterwards to deal with the causes. Right now we should be concerned with the effects.

errorcone

Reged: Sun
Re: Gov. Says to Evacuate New Orleans. [Re: StormKrone]
      #52633 - Tue Aug 30 2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

I had heard this, and found the report on the WDSU web site.

"BATON ROUGE, La. -- With conditions in the hurricane-ravaged city of New Orleans rapidly deteriorating, Gov. Kathleen Blanco said Tuesday afternoon that people now huddled in the Superdome and other rescue centers need to be evacuated ."

As I understand it, EVERYONE is supposed to leave New Orleans. Don't know any more than that.

I've been expecting this. With NO possibly under water in parts for weeks, what other choice do they have?

For all extents and purposes, it seems the city itself is closed and will probably be closed for some time. I can't think of anything like this in US history. It's just tragic.

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
Re: Katrina Aftermath [Re: Clark]
      #52634 - Tue Aug 30 2005 07:34 PM

Quote:

New thread -- let's take discussion on over there, copying & pasting & picking up where we left off as needed. Thanks!

Since we rolled to a new page, here is a reminder of the new thread!

guy

Reged: Fri
site to find missing relatives after katrina [Re: MikeC]
      #53460 - Fri Sep 02 2005 02:00 AM

there is a new site to find people who are missing.
go to gulfcoastnews.com
find the link to finding survivors and those missing.
you can scroll there or put in a person's last name. many of these people have been put on their because they have gone to shelters, and have given their names.
good luck, and god bless!

guy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 62232

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center