F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
Rdietch
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: Front Location [Re: emackl]
      #61483 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:13 PM

Quote:

I saw that. It has it exiting way to close to Melbourne for my taste. Is there a 12Z GFS. I'm not sure when all the models run. I'd be curious to see that one though.

that one is even a little more north then the GDFL.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Prolonged Hurricane Force Winds Now Affecting Cancun [Re: k___g]
      #61484 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:13 PM

That could be...the outflow from Wilma is huge...but I'm not sure if that's what responsible for it pushing it back to the NW. It is definitely going back towards the NW, though. Just another piece of the puzzle to throw in there, huh?

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Re: To The Moderators *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* [Re: Rdietch]
      #61485 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:16 PM

This post was sent to the Hurricane Graveyard

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: fl
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: Thunderbird12]
      #61486 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:18 PM

Alot of disagreement among people on where this will go cause alot want to hear the storm will come close to them. People complain about it hitting down in SW florida when they live in Tampa saying, No it will shift N towards here....then the people down there say the same thing about I Dont want to hear about Tampa cause its staying here........Well people can predict what they want cause until it makes its turn and at what angle ( cause of the angle of the trough digging in) we dont know quite yet.

My forecast is a premature one........I feel with the trough digging to the N central gulf across to Central Florida...the steering flow will be SW-NE...at first a movement N will happen due to the ridge over the SE Bahamas getting fed heat from the TD-TS in the Carribean this ridge (although not very big) will enhance a nearterm N-NNE movement later tonight into Sunday with a bend NE later Sunday into Sunday night...the trough over N-Central Florida will lift to Ocala-Jax as the Hurricane moves NE Sunday night-Monday...

Landfall will be from the mouth of Tampa Bay south to Port Charollete....it could wobble just north over tampa or just south near Ft Myers...... still too early to tell....

The strongest winds will be near and just southeast of the center.....the heaviest rainfall will be near the center and also just N of the center cause of the interaction of the Hurricane and the trough to its N squeezing out the moisture in the Atmosphere........so even if you live 100 miles N of the path,, you will recieve heavy rain and TS winds due to the transition of the hurricane into more of a hybrid system as it leaves Florida.....so the winds will expand near landfall......

Anyways I will update my path late tonight cause things will change and it just matters on how it leaves the Yucitan and how much N or NNE it goes before the bend NE,,, 25N and 85W is the path N or S of where it comes into Florida.

Thunderbird12
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc: Oklahoma
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: lulu]
      #61487 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i havent been on all morning and dont know whats goin on as of yet....

becky

Me, neither. I'm in Ft. Myers. We have hotel reservations in Orlando and West Palm. Where should we go? When should we leave? What about tornados? Where is that cold front? Should we just head for (OMIGOD) Georgia? Tornadoes scare me more than hurricanes. And now it's flooding on the east coast (Ft. Lauderdale). Help!

Either Orlando or West Palm would be a good place to go if you end up evacuating. The storm will probably pass closer to Orlando, but that is far enough inland to where conditions should not be too bad. I would try not to worry too much about tornados... even if there are a lot of them, the vast majority of people aren't going to be affected by them. Just be sure to be somewhere that would be a good shelter just in case.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Re: Front Location [Re: Geoff]
      #61488 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:20 PM

Question: is that front actually there or is that where they think it is? If it is there, is it as deep as they thought it would be? I'm not sure, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks, Geoff!

--------------------

ThirdRay

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, Fl
Re: To The Moderators *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* [Re: Colleen A.]
      #61489 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:22 PM

Thunderbird12
Meteorologist

Reged:
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: FlaMommy]
      #61491 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:27 PM

Quote:

i havent been on all morning and dont know whats goin on as of yet....i made hotel reservations for tommorrow and monday night in case it slowed down....we have to cancel by 4pm today if we dont need the room...but we cant afford to just pay for the room if we dont need it....i need some serious advice on what to do....id go with my gut feeling but im torn...and hubby says the same....can you please helppp

becky

The model consensus if for landfall sometime on Monday morning with the system moving quickly off to the NE. The model consensus is also for a track south of Tampa, with the strongest winds on the southern side of the system. Based on the model consensus and the current official forecast, you would not need a hotel room again Monday night, unless you feel your home would be susceptible to damage even from tropical storm conditions. However, if you are going to be stressed out about not having a room Monday night because of the uncertainty involved, you may want to keep it for peace of mind.

Hugh
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Okaloosa County, Florida
Meanwhile off the coast of Hispaniola... [Re: ThirdRay]
      #61492 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:27 PM

In case anyone has missed it... the 2pm ET advisory on TD 25 indicates that we will probably have Alpha very soon.

--------------------
Hugh

Eloise (1975) - Elena and several other near misses (1985) - Erin & Opal (1995) - Ivan (2004)

Rdietch
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: To The Moderators *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* [Re: ThirdRay]
      #61493 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:29 PM

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: Front Location [Re: Geoff]
      #61494 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:29 PM

To T12 - essentially the inner core has been spnning around, inside of the outer eyewall, like a ball inside of the rim of a hola hoop, giving a wobbly appearance, but actually is a predictable movement. Now that the center over time has gotten mashed up so to speak, the effect of the oscillation on the storm as a whole was reduced and movement outside of the large eyewall was minimized, but movement inside of it was still oscillating, while over landfall since early this morning. Tpratch's diagram shows the movement a bit when it was approaching the Yucatan (it looks like a series of curves like a bouncing ball). However now as the inner core becomes more disorganzied, even that will become less discernable, and once over water, the larger eyewall will eventually clear out and the radius will decrease.

This is generally only a feature of stronger storms and especially in cases of lopsided circulation.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Southern4sure
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: Thunderbird12]
      #61495 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:29 PM

Once Wilma starts moving across the gulf, how fast is she predicted to move? I have heard about 30 mph, is this correct?

engicedave
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Front Location [Re: Colleen A.]
      #61496 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:31 PM

IMO - Here's the train that's going to move it eastward...ALL ABOARD!
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-wv-loop.html (look in upper left corner)

Long distance view of the same
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/nwatl-wv-loop.html

I swear, it seems like some of you are just looking for problems and not at what it is.
It doesn't have to bang it in the side to move it, that just blocks the north and the eastward movement will bring it along sweeping it eastward...

Thunderbird12
Meteorologist

Reged:
recon [Re: Thunderbird12]
      #61497 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:33 PM

URNT12 KNHC 221820Z
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 22/1749Z
B. 21 DEG 13 MIN N
87 DEG 05 MIN W
C. 700 MB 2735 MA
D. 65
E. 045 DEG 60 NM
F. 140 DEG 90 KT
G. 042 DEG 40 NM
H. 958 MB
I. 11 C/ 3061 M
J. 14 C/ 3062 M
K. 14 C/ NA
L. CLOSED WALL
M. E36/80/60
N. 12345/7
O. 1/1 NM
P. NOAA2 1824A Wilma OB 03
MAX FL WIND 90 KT NE QUAD 1739Z
RAGGED EYEWALL

Ron Basso
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: hernando beach, FL
Re: To The Moderators [Re: Colleen A.]
      #61498 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:33 PM

Colleen, I've been on this board a while now and I always enjoy your well thought out posts. Just ignore it & keep posting your ideas on this storm.

--------------------
RJB

StPeteBill
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas County
Re: To The Moderators [Re: ThirdRay]
      #61499 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:34 PM

I am new here and have learned a lot and enjoyed reading everyone’s post with their prospective but am really getting burnt out with all the bickering. Everyone knows the old adage concerning opinions. There are professional ways in disagreeing with another ones opinion with out bashing and getting nasty. I am sure I am not the only one here that feels this way.

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: fl
Re: To The Moderators *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* [Re: Rdietch]
      #61500 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:34 PM

Ron Basso
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: hernando beach, FL
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: Southern4sure]
      #61501 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Once Wilma starts moving across the gulf, how fast is she predicted to move? I have heard about 30 mph, is this correct?

Latest GFDL model has Wilma's forward speed of 20 mph at west coast of FL landfall.

--------------------
RJB

Heather
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Sebring, FL
Re: Front Location [Re: engicedave]
      #61502 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:36 PM

Noticing the dry air that is usually bad for a hurricane's health, but it would almost appear as Wilma is "fighting back" and pushing the dry air back. Is this right?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-wv-loop.html

--------------------
When it rains, it pours...

Hugh
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Okaloosa County, Florida
Re: Front Location [Re: engicedave]
      #61504 - Sat Oct 22 2005 06:38 PM

Quote:

IMO - Here's the train that's going to move it eastward...ALL ABOARD!
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-wv-loop.html (look in upper left corner)
Long distance view of the same
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/nwatl-wv-loop.html
I swear, it seems like some of you are just looking for problems and not at what it is.
It doesn't have to bang it in the side to move it, that just blocks the north and the eastward movement will bring it along sweeping it eastward...

I don't mean to sound argumentative... but....
Using your logic that it doesn't have to bang it in the side to move it... Wilma should already be making landfall on the west coast of Florida, because in a sense the front is already blocking movement to the north. As far as the "train" goes... I just don't see it. Are you talking about the little bit of moisture over Texas? Are you talking about the "train" of moisture coming off of Wilma and moving across Florida from the Big Bend area south through the Keys? The area over Texas is too far away, and the stuff over Florida is the outflow from Wilma. I really don't see anything on that loop to pull the storm northward.

--------------------
Hugh

Eloise (1975) - Elena and several other near misses (1985) - Erin & Opal (1995) - Ivan (2004)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 223 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 63444

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center