F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

General Discussion >> Site Updates, Suggestions and Questions

Pages: 1
stormchaser807

Reged:
Great site!
      #67735 - Wed Jul 05 2006 03:49 AM

Hey Everyone!
I would like to say that this site is awesome! I ve been studying weather since I was 13 years old and I am now 37 and still have a deep passion for it!
I am originally from NYC where if we got a hurricane it was a fast mover and over in an hour or less.
I now live in Southwest Florida,Lehigh acres which is 20 miles from Fort Myers.
We have lived here for 4 years now and we have gone through atleast 4 hurricanes already.
Hurricane Charley was our first one and boy did she show us the power of a hurricane! UNREAL!!!!
I have to tell everyone that most of the people here did not believe that it was possible that they would get hit on this side of Florida,their fantasy is now over! On Fort Myers beach they have mobile homes and shack homes right off the beach!! Can not believe it! They don't think that some day that mother nature will claim her property! Charley should ve been a wake up call but since it wasn't a direct hit, they continue to build on live very close to the gulf. Its a disaster waiting to happen and I am sorry to say,it will some day.

I will be very happy to share stories and hurricane reports when they come through this way.

Happy hunting everyone!

Charlie

Edited by stormchaser807 (Wed Jul 05 2006 03:50 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Nateball
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Tarpon Springs FL
Re: Great site! [Re: stormchaser807]
      #67737 - Wed Jul 05 2006 04:42 AM

First off welcome to the forum, and I have to agree with you 100% this is by far the best weather forum I have ever seen. I don't post that much but I visit this site every single day to get all the latest info. Keep it up guys great job.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3474

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center