Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2021 Altantic Hurricane Season Begins June 1st, 2021. 2020 is officially over, but still a 30% chance area lingers.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 89 (Zeta) , Major: 152 (Laura) Florida - Any: 838 (Michael) Major: 838 (Michael)
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives 2000s >> 2006 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
dolfinatic
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: St. Petersburg, Fl
Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #72263 - Tue Aug 29 2006 02:02 AM

Still a ts. No downgrade. I wonder if recon has gotten out there? Still appears to be on land not over water yet.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cieldumort

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: dolfinatic]
      #72264 - Tue Aug 29 2006 02:09 AM

Recon is about half-way there as of my reply. Maybe a little closer, now.

The approx. coc would appear to be part inland, part over that nook. It can't really be considered "exited" until better than 50% of it is back over water - like how we look at "landfalls."

--------------------
COVID-19 kills. Please practice the 3 Ws: Wear a mask. Watch your distance. Wash your hands.

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Kissimmee, Florida on Lake Toh...
Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: dolfinatic]
      #72265 - Tue Aug 29 2006 02:11 AM

Looks like it beginning to make its move more northerly. Maybe just me seeing things at this late hour, but last few frames of the radar appear to have a more northward component.

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

Tropics Guy
Storm Tracker

Reged: Thu
Loc: Miami, Florida
Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: cieldumort]
      #72266 - Tue Aug 29 2006 02:13 AM

Looks like the COC is hugging the northern coastline as he moves WNW. Some pretty heavy feeder bands appear to be developing.
http://www.insmet.cu/asp/genesis.asp?TB0.../cmwMAXw01a.gif

http://www.insmet.cu/asp/genesis.asp?TB0.../psjMAXw01a.gif

TG

--------------------
Tropical Cyclones: "Mother nature's heat transfer machines"

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: Tropics Guy]
      #72267 - Tue Aug 29 2006 02:22 AM

When do we get satellite back ? Does anyone know ?

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

#72268 - Tue Aug 29 2006 02:26 AM

Never mind, SATS are back up ..

--------------------

scottsvb
Weather Master

Loc: fl
      #72269 - Tue Aug 29 2006 02:30 AM

Ernesto is still moving wnw and will continue into the late morning hours...then he should start heading more NW towards the southern keys during the afternoon hours.... Recon still wont be able to get in..but they can try to find some winds N and E of the center.

scottsvb
Weather Master

Loc: fl
Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: scottsvb]
      #72271 - Tue Aug 29 2006 03:22 AM

some data coming in....seen several ship reports of 35kt....1 of 41kt.....ships model posts this as 45mph now......but its not official.

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: scottsvb]
      #72272 - Tue Aug 29 2006 03:35 AM

quick word before i fall over and snooze.
long range radar from miami-dade (KAYX or something) makes it look like Ernesto is getting offshore in that little string of islands on the north central coast of cuba, and the center may be near that convective burst. probably start to intensify some later this morning, but it shouldn't have the requisite time to do a whole lot.
interesting that the GFDL keeps the central pressure fairly down while over florida and intensifies the storm as it moves up to south carolina some. could be a little bit of baroclinic influence it's seeing, maybe... some of the other globals that take it further northeast have similar deepening up the coast.
i guess a hurricane isn't out of the question, but it's not looking that way down in south florida at the moment.
the wave near 42w is finally developing some sporadic convection. a continued increase could also increase the chances it will make a move. there's a TUTT segment out to it's north that isn't going to give it an easy time if it does, more than likely.
the trailer wave is further south. not going to develop quickly, if at all... very ITCZ associated at this time. GFS still likes it fairly well, though, and it is already over water, not like the non-developers earlier this season that lost all support just prior to going off africa.
HF 0735z29august

cieldumort

Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: HanKFranK]
      #72273 - Tue Aug 29 2006 04:13 AM

I'm giving that wave near 33W 10N a fairly decent chance for further development.

The sucker just now coming off the tip of Africa looking ok, although convection may be a little wanting.

Recon has been finding quite a lot of flight-level winds >38mph within Ernesto's northernmost regions - looks like a pretty sure bet he will remain TS at 5AM, despite a continued ragged appearance. I do think that the recent Dvorak CIs have been far too generous, however.

--------------------
COVID-19 kills. Please practice the 3 Ws: Wear a mask. Watch your distance. Wash your hands.

cieldumort

Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: HanKFranK]
      #72276 - Tue Aug 29 2006 04:45 AM

Center is now offshore. Pressure down to 1005MB. Max. flight-level wind found so far was about 57MPH.

He's going to pull it off, folks. What "it" is, is just yet to be determined, but "it's" not going to be rapid dissipation, that much is all but certain.

--------------------

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: cieldumort]
      #72278 - Tue Aug 29 2006 05:59 AM

He looks like he is really exploding with convection as of 05:59 ET.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/loop-avn.html

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017), Dorian (2019)

Personal Weather Station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLLONGW67

meto23
Unregistered

Re: Ernesto Nearly Exiting Cuba [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #72279 - Tue Aug 29 2006 06:24 AM

yes....gettting much better organized. feeder bands are developing from south east , to nw also.could be near 55-60 this morning.

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Loc: Puerto Morelos,Mx
Ernesto moving to se Florida [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #72280 - Tue Aug 29 2006 06:27 AM

Yet another storm that drives us nuts.The way it looks now we can expect near Cat 1 conditions here in se fl.If it slows down maybe more.This storm has already fooled me.Need to keep a very close eye on him through out the day.Everyone be safe!

--------------------

Survived:
Gloria,Bob,Katrina,Wilma and a bunch of tropical storms.

nl
Storm Tracker

Loc: nsb,fl
Re: Ernesto moving to se Florida [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #72281 - Tue Aug 29 2006 06:31 AM

i hate to get us away from Ernesto but looks like we are getting into that 2004 pattern again i see another huge wave in central atl and another one off africa. i have a feeling if this one doesnt get us those will. sorry off topic im just having 2004 flasbacks

CaneTrackerInSoFl
Storm Tracker

Loc: Israel
Re: Ernesto moving to se Florida [Re: nl]
      #72282 - Tue Aug 29 2006 06:49 AM

I was just watching WPLG, the radar showed significant amounts of lightning. So Ernesto is in the very least steadily strengthening. Dr. Knabb of the NHC also expects a new recon report within the hour.

--------------------
Andrew 1992, Irene 1999, Katrina 2005, Wilma 2005

Ginger

Loc: Gainesville FL
Re: Ernesto moving to se Florida [Re: CaneTrackerInSoFl]
      #72283 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:14 AM Attachment (449 downloads)

Nice 6:15 Florida/Bahamas still shot attached

Edited by Ginger (Tue Aug 29 2006 07:17 AM)

BrooklynMommy

Reged: Wed
      #72284 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:14 AM

This might be a silly question, but could someone tell me if going over Lake Okeechobee will have any affect on Ernesto?

Thanks

JMII
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Loc: Margate, Florida
      #72286 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:22 AM

Big blob of convention firing up but not wrapping around the center so I don't expect much strengthing especially given its forward speed of 14 mph at last report. Strong TS or very weak Cat 1 'Cane with landfall in the middle Keys, followed by a second landfall somewhere between Marco Island and the Flamingo / Everglades National Park area of extreme S FL. Conditions in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale should be limited to gusty E/SE winds between 45 and 65mph (higher gusts in small cells possible) with your standard run-of-the-mill tropical downpours of heavy rain. I just can't see this thing getting wrapped up enough in the 12-14 hours it has left before coming ashore. Thus I'm not putting any panels.

--------------------
South FL Native... experienced many tropical systems, but actually had to put up the panels for:
David ('79) - Floyd ('87) - Andrew ('92) - Georges ('98) - Frances ('04) - Wilma ('05) - Matthew ('16) - Irma ('17)

StormHound
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Ernesto moving to se Florida [Re: BrooklynMommy]
      #72287 - Tue Aug 29 2006 07:22 AM

Lake Okeechobee has been known to allow hurricanes to regenerate in the past. Between the Everglades and Okeechobee what we'll likely see is a storm that weakens more slowly than storms normally do inland.

--------------------
Storm Hound
Computer Geek

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 75109

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center