F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> Hurricane Ask/Tell

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
weathernet
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Elsewhere
Focus on Low off Georgia Coast
      #80637 - Fri Jul 18 2008 12:32 AM

95L looks like its taking its last shot at consolidating just off the coast. I think it waited about 12 hours too late. As for 94L, still my leading candidate for continued development. Looks like the latest GFS might be hinting on a depression or weak storm in a few days in the west or S.W. Gulf. Then again, and depending on the orientation of the upper anticyclone in the W. Carib., any sooner development on the part of 94L would seem to aid it in a deep layer pull somewhat more poleward.

Here's something odd to me. Latest run of the GFS seems to kind of imply that the monsoonal low typically parked over W. Africa, seems to be leaning westward and extending just off the coast. I've seen this before on occasion, but usually towards the end of an active Cape Verde season, and often resulting in most of the energy, as a broad deep low eventually being jettisoned off to the west. Am not at all suggesting specific development of this feature, just seems like an odd anomoly to a month I typically call "high and dry" ( higher surface pressures and dry Sahara dust ).

Any other "old timers" with historical reference of memory, like to weigh in on this one???

(Post moved to the appropriate Forum. Per the description for the 2008 News Talkback, you can only reply to the topics that are covered in the News Talkback main page leadoff article. )

Edited by Ed Dunham (Fri Jul 18 2008 12:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2486

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center