Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The Atlantic is mostly quiet
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 7 (Michael) , Major: 7 (Michael) Florida - Any: 7 (Michael) Major: 7 (Michael)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives 2000s >> 2003 News Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)
k___g
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: Orlando
Re: Will it survive Hispanola?
      #9785 - Fri Aug 22 2003 08:56 PM

looks pretty symmetrical.......looks as if there is decent outflow in all quadrants.........looks to have a definite circulation a bit to the SW of the main CDO.......looks can be deceiving...........however..............

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
met
Unregistered

Re: Will it survive Hispanola?
      #9786 - Fri Aug 22 2003 09:08 PM

looking better every hour, i think it is better formed than anytime today.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Recon
      #9788 - Fri Aug 22 2003 09:23 PM

Does anyone know when the recon is gonna be out there?

squirralee
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Wed
Loc: Mims, Florida
Re: Some points:
      #9789 - Fri Aug 22 2003 09:37 PM

Hey Hank P want to send me some of that left over CROWN...I have been gone ALL DAY and just caught up on all the posts...I think that I am now cross eyed...lol

Steve H.
Unregistered

#9791 - Fri Aug 22 2003 09:48 PM

May have to agree with you there HankF, this may reform north of the island. The suspected LLCC that was the spin crossing 70W kinda just disappeared! Maybe got subsumed to the convective ball. Seems there is evidence of stronger wrapping under the area of strong convection heading NNW???

squirralee
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Mims, Florida
      #9792 - Fri Aug 22 2003 09:52 PM

Steve H.

I just looked at this "open wave" and it looks NNW to me as well.

Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: W. Central Florida
      #9794 - Fri Aug 22 2003 10:11 PM

Same here, takes a while to read all the posts. Been a busy place around here today. Our WAVE/TD looks good tonight. Could not watch loops today so can't compare. Given a little more time, I believe it will soon get it's act together. Welcome back Coop!

--------------------
TONI

All of us could take a lesson from the weather:
It pays no attention to criticism

My 2003 Hurricane guess 13-9-3

BillD
User

Loc: Miami
      #9805 - Fri Aug 22 2003 11:52 PM

I'm with SteveH and HankF, I think its trying to reform now, and will likely not succeed until it gets north of land (Hispaniola) then who knows, anything is possible at this point. And it has those of us in South Florida very nervous, especially considering that this Sunday is A-Day.

Bill

javlin
Weather Master

Loc: Biloxi,MS
Re:It's Stationary If anything slight WNW
      #9811 - Sat Aug 23 2003 12:11 AM

Go to the goes vis it goes to bl.and wh.If red at night.I said earlier today this thing is not moving much at all.It did take a little jog to the N maybe 50 miles.I do not believe it will cross land.Air is a fluid you start to spin it it becomes more solid.The forward momentum has to be enough to overcome it.I still believe that it will bounce of the mainland there.This will depend on how far to the surface the low is.If anyone remembers Danny that went into Mobile and got locked will remember how it bounce off land all the way in.In a way it's physics collison of masses.

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 32115

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center