Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - 25 Years Tracking StormsHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Last advisory issued for Isaias as it moves over Quebec. Other than 94L (which looks like it won't develop) Atlantic is quiet for a bit.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 3 (Isaias) , Major: 667 (Michael) Florida - Any: 667 (Michael) Major: 667 (Michael)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> 2020 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Prospero
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Gulfport, FL
Re: Isaias conditions in your area [Re: IsoFlame]
      #101152 - Sun Aug 02 2020 11:49 AM

Quiet on the west coast, little breeze and maybe a few showers on the way.

Looks like a perfect beach day on Clearwater Beach:

Live Clearwater Beach Cam

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Plant City, Florida
Re: Isaias conditions in your area [Re: Prospero]
      #101153 - Sun Aug 02 2020 02:34 PM

Just had our first rain band in Plant City. Nice shower but not a lot of wind with it. Doesn't look like more than tenth an inch in the gauge...
Temp did drop to 83 which is nice.

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2017 Season Prediction: 16/7/3

Edited by Lamar-Plant City (Sun Aug 02 2020 03:27 PM)

IsoFlame
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
Re: Isaias conditions in your area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #101154 - Sun Aug 02 2020 03:22 PM

At 3:05pm had a 1-minute burst of 30-35mph burst from the east just ahead of a brief shower.(0.03") that barely wet the pavement. The sun is out again. I love this "paper tiger" TS self-pruning the cabbage palms in my yard (one block off the Atlantic) 2 weeks after the neighbor paid a tree trimming crew hundreds of dollars to clean up his!.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

OrlandoDan
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: Isaias conditions in your area [Re: IsoFlame]
      #101155 - Sun Aug 02 2020 04:44 PM

Sunny, hot, breezy, and hazy here in SW Seminole.

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017), Dorian (2019)

IsoFlame
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
Re: Isaias conditions in your area [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #101156 - Mon Aug 03 2020 08:53 AM

Had some 30+ mph gusts from the north after midnight when Isaias was 90 miles or so east of the Cape. Wind settled down to NW15 mph by sunrise with a few very light sprinkles- measured just 0.11" rain past 12 hours. Last several high tide cycles ran up to the condo sea walls near Dunlawton approach, washing away a foot of soft sand that had accumulated since Dorian's passage last October washed away several feet and all vegetation in front of the sea walls. Good for packing sand and improving vehicular beach access (as noted by VCBS), but not for re-building dune destroyed by the past 4 years of erosion from hurricanes and winter storms.
Surf is cleaning up but shedding size. Waxing up for a surf session before it drops like a rock by tomorrow given the departing storm's close proximity to coast with forecast landfall in the Carolinas not offering much northerly fetch on its backside.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., Atricks, danielw, Clark, Christine H, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort, Jackie M, Wigeon, Hank Buck 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2511

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center