Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

#Chantal hanging on as a TD. Our attention has turned to two systems closer to home: A Bahamas Trof (30%) and W Gom Trof (< 10%)
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 40 (Barry) , Major: 316 (Michael) Florida - Any: 316 (Michael) Major: 316 (Michael)
38.8N 43.8W
Wind: 35MPH
Pres: 1010mb
Moving:
E at 17 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

General Discussion >> 2019 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Doombot!
Weather Guru

Reged: Sat
Loc: Lakeland, Fl.
Slowest start since at least 2004.
      #99996 - Mon Aug 05 2019 03:37 PM

With no current area's of interest, 2019 has had the slowest start since at least 2004 when Hurricane Charlie was classified on August 9th, 2004.

Assuming nothing forms by the 9th, we would need to reach back all the way to 2001 when the "C" storm formed on the 15th of August.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kraig
Weather Watcher

Reged: Sun
Loc: Jupiter, Fl
Re: Slowest start since at least 2004. [Re: Doombot!]
      #99997 - Tue Aug 06 2019 08:18 AM

Models show waves coming off Africa the around the 8th and 17th with decent vort but they both seem to wash out. Dry air and and strong easterlies seem to sap their energy... keep watching though!

Doombot!
Weather Guru

Re: Slowest start since at least 2004. [Re: Kraig]
      #100001 - Tue Aug 06 2019 11:21 PM

Saw that. That is the only "hope" for beating 2004 that I can see. It looks pretty impressive about to come off of Africa at the moment.

Edit: W00t, post #100,000 (1st post would have been 00001,making this (100001)the 100,000th.

Edited by Doombot! (Tue Aug 06 2019 11:23 PM)

dolfinatic
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: St. Petersburg, Fl
Re: Slowest start since at least 2004. [Re: Doombot!]
      #100005 - Thu Aug 08 2019 07:41 PM

www.noaa.gov/media-release/noaa-increases-chance-for-above-normal-hurricane-season NOAA declared El Nino is over. Predicting now that a above normal season for rest of season.

Doombot!
Weather Guru

Re: Slowest start since at least 2004. [Re: dolfinatic]
      #100007 - Fri Aug 09 2019 04:40 PM

The Atlantic is a little slow getting the memo. I can't remember when the last time I've seen the basin this empty in mid August was.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., Atricks, danielw, Clark, Christine H, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort, Jackie M, Wigeon, Hank Buck 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 831

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center