F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 201 (Idalia) , Major: 201 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 201 (Idalia) Major: 201 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2007 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Area of Interest - NNE of the Windward Islands
      #77242 - Mon Aug 20 2007 01:01 AM

The northern apex of a tropical wave well north northeast of the Windward Islands near 23N 59W at 20/03Z has maintained increasing convection for the past 24 hours and has the potential for slow development over the next couple of days. The wave is moving to the west at about 15 knots - something else to keep an eye on.
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Freezey
Unregistered

Re: Area of Interest - NNE of the Windward Islands [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #77255 - Mon Aug 20 2007 07:10 AM

Hmm i have been watching this aswell,i noiced it yesterday evening. it looks better this morning as i see cloud of thunderstorms trying to wrap around a center.this one worries me becuase its right beside florida

weathernet
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Elsewhere
      #77256 - Mon Aug 20 2007 07:40 AM

Ed,

Interesting how at these higher latitiudes, any current formation would still appear to dictate a westward general motion. Whether or not this wave is able to further develop ( especially as CMC continues to indicate a Florida Hurricane landfall in several days ), this predominant motion may not bode well for the Greater Antilles or the SE U.S. if this "set up" remains in place for a good portion of the remaining season.

Andy

madmumbler
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: SWFL
      #77257 - Mon Aug 20 2007 07:40 AM

How soon do you think before we have an invest? What conditions will cause the NHC to declare it an invest?

EDIT: Nevermind -- since I posted this the NRL has posted an invest. Oh boy.

--------------------
Lesli in SWFL.
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Edited by madmumbler (Mon Aug 20 2007 08:49 AM)

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Re: Area of Interest - NNE of the Windward Islands [Re: madmumbler]
      #77266 - Mon Aug 20 2007 08:55 AM

Doesn't surprise me. You could tell last night it was looking favorable & this mornings TWO mentions possible continued favorablity as well.
CMC loves it..GFS closes off a low but that's about it for now with the GFS...will change I'm sure. Too much late night Dean tracking but I believe last nights Euro developed 92L as well. GFDL showed a hint of something in last nights run as well but I haven't looked this morning to see if it still does.
Persistent convection & the placement of the high seem favorable for development & track over Fl it seems.
SFWMD has the 1st plots available on the main page as well.

flanewscameraman
Weather Watcher

Reged: Fri
Loc: Palm Beach County, FLA
Re: Area of Interest - NNE of the Windward Islands [Re: twizted sizter]
      #77270 - Mon Aug 20 2007 09:22 AM

When it rains it pours.no pun intended, this will be an interesting one to watch for today and the days to come..it seems to be trying to pull itself together....we shall see

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
      #77280 - Mon Aug 20 2007 11:01 AM

Invest 92L continues to show developing organization. A weak circulation (perhaps transitory) was noted near 22.5N 56W at 20/13Z moving to the west northwest at about 15 knots. Some residual upper wind shear ahead of the system is expected to relax so I don't see anything that would prevent additional development of this system in the near term. Recommend that folks in the Southeast - especially Florida and Georgia - keep a close eye on this potentially troublesome system. System is currently about 2250 miles east southeast of Melbourne.
ED

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8605

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center