JMII
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 11 2018 10:27 PM
Re: Isaac

Isaac is just so tiny, amazed its still together in this hostile environment and the NHC predicts it continues to hang in there as TS on its westward track. PR appears to be safe now with the storm staying way south and being too weak to bring anything more that typical daily rain and a light breeze to the island.

I can say driving around PR today nobody seems worried at all. However damage from Maria is still visible here, many trees are stripped of leaves and some traffic lights are out. The locals claim that they operate on "island power" and are used to rolling mini-black outs that effect small areas in tiny spurts. I will say cell coverage has been no problem with AT&T for me but Verizon is more spotty. This is second time I've been on the island and being from Florida I completely forgot just how many mountains are here, its very odd seeing palm trees on such steep terrain. The hills remind you of just how bad the flash flooding must be in a tropical events here in this part of the world. Its one thing to have rain, but its completely different deal when something (like Florence or Harvey) dumps several inches that all roars downhill doing way more damage versus the slow pooling or over flowing pond style flooding we get in FL or TX where the terrain is so flat.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center