Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 06 2003 11:25 AM
Re: Isabel Forms and Heads West

Fabain looking very impressive still over the north atlantic and should move rapidly NE into the Hurricane graveyards. Fabian went about 50-100 miles closer to bermuda as the eastern eye wall brushed the coast. Unoffical reports of 117mph were not confirmed but hurricane force winds as perdicted were across the island with moderate damage and power outages.
Henri came onshore just n of clearwater beach and unexpectedly by all of us accelerated ENE but should slow and might be a T.S. on sunday again. Rainfall amounts were underestimate by forcasted models and i went with that. I didnt see that 10-20 inches would fall and i was correct. Infact some areas received less then .25 of a inch. My backyard recieved just under .5 and the center passed overhead at 6am. Overall rainfall amounts were from .1 of a inch - 6-7 inches in isolated areas around Sarasota and Ft. Myers. Strength was 5-10mph lower then forcasted by all due to weakening last evening. Pretty much though he did as forcasted also like fabian.

Isadore is next in line and she should become a hurricane in the next 36-48hrs. Movement just N of due west with a more wnw turn by tuesday. A path simular but just a tad south of fabian will be expected.. ne caribean islands should watch this one closly as right now the 5 day forcasts has her near 18N and 60W moving wnw. After that it will be interesting as a trough again comes off the U.S. coast but might move on by late next week. Time will tell. scottsvb

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center