Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 08 2003 08:40 PM
Re: Westward turn?

Gonna be interesting to see just how far west this beast will go.... easy for me to say, no big deal, in all probability this thing should recurve out to sea, another fish spinner (except for them poor Bermuda folks)...

If I had a hunch, that would be my first inclination, a safe bet .... but I don't have a good read on this one yet.... gonna really depend on that Bermuda High... stays strong, bad news US.... I'm hearing talk of a trough that is supposed to come down this weekend..... we'll see what impact this has, if any, on the ridge... not impossible for this thing to affect the SE US or even GoM, although the GoM might be a stretch right now... other cape verde storms have made the long run across the atlantic and made it to the GoM ... a few that come to mind include; Georges, Storm of 1947, Andrew, Betsy with her famous loop in the Atlantic, I'm sure there are many others.. ... of course each and every one of em were different, and this one will be too.... just the same, with these things anything and everything is possible....

I thought the models had their best performance of the year with Fabian, maybe in the past two years for that matter... always said that models perform much better with mature systems as opposed the weaker developing ones... now will they get two in a row?????

Local mets (radio) in the NO area are already taking about a cold front that should shunt the system off to the north... and should not pose any threat to the NO area.... they didn't really go into any specifics on just why and how all this was going to work but they are already discussing the approaching front.... hmmmmm

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center