Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Sep 09 2003 05:52 PM
Tampa 'Canes

Zoidy - don't know if anyone said all this but, our biggest threat is not from hurricanes as such - we see more damage from the canes that mount up the Gulf, stall, and whip us since we are East of the storm. We had a noname (low in Gulf that became stationary) storm in 1995 that absolutely drenched us with 20" in 2 days that caused more flooding than anything I had seen since being here from 1968. But generally, since I have been here, the only storms that cruised overhead have been those that spark up out of nowhere from Mexico or in the SW Gulf and head right for us. I have always been more concerned that an Andrew type storm might zero in on us straight from Miami but that hasn't happened that I can remember.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center