HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Sep 28 2003 02:28 PM
airspace

mary, i believe that the international airspace convention is 12 miles off the coast of said country. it's a lot closer than you'd guess. remember that ep-3 recon plane that had a midair with a chinese fighter a couple years back? that was something like 25 miles off the chinese coast, if i recall. i've also heard stuff about cuba granting overflight for weather recon.. since they have vested interest in not dying by the thousands in hurricanes. castro may be a jackass dictator, but he isn't that clueless.
so, i'm pretty sure that a system centered 200-250 miles south of cuba isn't going to be an airspace problem.
anyhow, the nhc forecast graphics have a merge low in the southeast bay of campeche tomorrow.. makes me think it's going to be over land for a while.
kate looking good, by the way.
HF 1829z28september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center