Randrew
(Weather Guru)
Fri Jun 23 2006 12:53 AM
Re: Bahamas stuff

HF...You are right that this system is developing and it is not a truly "tropical" thing. So now what do we call it? During hurricane season....in the tropical Atlantic? I can't hear about another hybrid system.
The center of circulation is just east of Great Abaco and if projected track is correct then I will most likely be the one to tell you all about it.....if this rainy area should decide to move my way.
My winds have shifted now to the NE at 15mph with gusts. No rain in sight yet...but one can hope!
it isn't frontally associated so it'll get tropical or subtropical designation. if it has an expansive windfield and no cdo probably subtropical. otherwise tropical. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center